+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I highlight important points in supporting documents? pls advise

bc_applicant7

Oct 30, 2013
Another thing for the people who are paid per-diem it is important to list that in a letter. Per-diems (for employment duration<2 years ) are non-taxable and hence they don't show up in your T4. Which might "seem" like an anomaly between your salary in letter by employer vs T4.

If anyone needs a template that I used to show this information then I can send them.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bc_applicant7 said:
shri boss, I had issues where they missed a big section of my experience. I had to send a detailed mail explaining them. I used highlighters in around 10 pages of my letter to CIC.
Now I have received my PPR. I believe it is important you communicate and highlight the important things. Especially things like experience, salary or other credentials etc.
They don't miss big sections of experience if you have filled out the application package correctly.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Well in the end, after a lot of reading thru posts, it's up to the individual. I felt like I should mark a few things a highlight,
so I did.
I, as an VO, would appreciate that :)

bc_applicant7

Oct 30, 2013
jsm0085 said:
They don't miss big sections of experience if you have filled out the application package correctly.
The experience section has only 4-5 lines and my specific case I had my canadian experience span across 10 lines.
It is actually very easy to miss experience.

shri boss, my adivise is for you or any other applicant. This will surely help u lot of hassle later on. Make is as idiot proof as possible.

wanderer88

May 1, 2019
I had the same question. Whether we are ALLOWED to use highlighter pen. After reading the comments it seems it's an individual choice but it's allowed.
I would need to use it for some things like for sponsorship application i need to show the proof of sharing expenses.
I have my bank statement for a few months which are around 20 pages.
So I want to highlight only the transactions between me and my wife. That should indeed make the life of the visa officer easier . I can imagine myself assessing the documents, and I would be frustrated if I get the statements as it is without any highlighting.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
I had the same question. Whether we are ALLOWED to use highlighter pen. After reading the comments it seems it's an individual choice but it's allowed.
I would need to use it for some things like for sponsorship application i need to show the proof of sharing expenses.
I have my bank statement for a few months which are around 20 pages.
So I want to highlight only the transactions between me and my wife. That should indeed make the life of the visa officer easier . I can imagine myself assessing the documents, and I would be frustrated if I get the statements as it is without any highlighting.
So did you highlight and what was the outcome of your PR application?