+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I highlight important points in supporting documents? pls advise

shri_boss

Jan 10, 2013
Hello all ,

Is that ok, If I can highlight using fluorescent pen for some important points in supporting documents?

For example, My pay stub has gross amounts different in two times in a year due to my increments. Shall I highlight those?

Also, Can I comment on the item highlighted in the photo copies of documents? For example, On the above point, High light and I can write near that saying "Revised Salary after Increment 1"

Please advise and thanks in advance.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
hi
pay stubs are not a must but you can always include them as supporting documents if you wish.
no harm if you would like to highlit some important facts in your cover letter,but choose the color wisely so the visa officer can still read the writing,i would suggest using some light colors.
good luck

shri_boss

Jan 10, 2013
Thanks Canadavisa13.

Can I use Yellow or Light green or Pink (If most of Visa officers are as ladies ;) )

Any suggestions?

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
you are welcome :)

yes those are perfect colors for highliting important documents,i often use the same if i need to.
good luck
btw im not sure if most visa officers are ladies,wish we have their names but they go by codes so its hard to figure out ;)

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wouldn't.

If things need explanation, provide a clear letter.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Personal choice. If you do, and are including quite a few of same (multiple pay stubs), I would only make highlights on the first copy that goes on top. More than that is unnecessary.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
jsm0085 said:
I wouldn't.

If things need explanation, provide a clear letter.
I did not highlight things, but used small post-it notes to provide notations to documents, instead of
15 explanation letters.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
I did not highlight things, but used small post-it notes to provide notations to documents, instead of
15 explanation letters.
You wouldn't need 15. One should be ample.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
jsm0085 said:
You wouldn't need 15. One should be ample.
Imagine having to read 15 explanation letters (in addition to other paperwork). I. Would. Be. PISSED. or at least nod in disapproval of your dissertation. lol :p I did as jsm mentioned....summed up multiple concerns into 1. Only gave more if I was sending additional documents later to explain the reasons and purpose.

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
shri_boss said:
Hello all ,

Is that ok, If I can highlight using fluorescent pen for some important points in supporting documents?

For example, My pay stub has gross amounts different in two times in a year due to my increments. Shall I highlight those?

Also, Can I comment on the item highlighted in the photo copies of documents? For example, On the above point, High light and I can write near that saying "Revised Salary after Increment 1"

Please advise and thanks in advance.
stick notes would be better

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC12 said:
stick notes would be better
Why? What if they become detached? Supporting documentation is what CIC request, they don't request for multiple sticky notes to be plastered all over the application. Everyone needs to understand the officers have limited time so a letter is by far better in respect to providing explanations.

dinocgeo

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
jsm0085 said:
Why? What if they become detached? Supporting documentation is what CIC request, they don't request for multiple sticky notes to be plastered all over the application. Everyone needs to understand the officers have limited time so a letter is by far better in respect to providing explanations.
I agree! Stick to the rules and the requirements. If you're not confident about your application then something must be wrong. No where does it say that you can or should attach "sticky notes" or use "highlighting pens". To be quite honest I am beginning to believe that all of this extra and not required documentation and additions people are making on their applications are having a negative impact on everyone elses applications.

bc_applicant7

Oct 30, 2013
shri boss, I had issues where they missed a big section of my experience. I had to send a detailed mail explaining them. I used highlighters in around 10 pages of my letter to CIC.
Now I have received my PPR. I believe it is important you communicate and highlight the important things. Especially things like experience, salary or other credentials etc.

Reactions: Lolly smiles

bc_applicant7

Oct 30, 2013
Another important thing which I can mention here to the benefit of others.

In the main application form, experience section, in the form there are hardly 5-6 lines and if you have worked for duration that doesn't fit in those 5-6 lines then make multiple copies of this "page" of the form and fill the experience. DO NOT create a separate table (in excel etc) replicating the table in the CIC form.