+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I have two PR applications in process at the same time ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I already submitted my application for PR under PNP ( Not my choicest province). Now my choicest Province gave me ITA and I have submitted my documents. My choicest province is about to get me nominated, they requested for my EE profile.i guess I cld have been nominated but because it is locked to the other PR application.

Please can I open another EEprofile so that once I get nominated by my choicest province, then I can withdraw the previous application.

please advise me
Withdraw the first application and then create a new EE profile.

You are going to have issues with intent to reside with two PNP applications running at the same time. Don't risk your second application for your preferred province.

Tolujay

May 27, 2019
Withdraw the first application and then create a new EE profile.

You are going to have issues with intent to reside with two PNP applications running at the same time. Don't risk your second application for your preferred province.
thanks for your response. So it is advisable to leave it as it is?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi,

I have a question regarding my wife's EE profile. (I have a PR and have been living in Canada for a few years now.)

She got her ITA and then AOR under FSW-O category in Nov 2020. The profile has been in progress since then with no updates for a very long time. We got married five months ago and informed IRCC of the same through a web form, along with the supporting documents. But we haven't received any update apart from the automated acknowledgement of receipt of the web form/documents.

Will it be OK if I create/send a Spousal Sponsorship application for her as well? If I do so, she will have 2 PR applications in progress at the same time - one for FSW-O which has been in progress for the last 14 months and this new Spousal Sponsorship application.

I am not sure if IRCC will allow two applications like these, at the same time.

Please share your feedback.

Desang

Feb 19, 2022
Hi my common law partner already submit his application to Permanent Resident and he included me in his application. We both already here in canada. I am a student here, my question is do i need to apply again my Permanent Resident application once i finish my study? Thank you.

r3ytak14

Mar 2, 2020
Hello,

My Federal PR Application is in process, my progress bar shows 80% completed, expected competition date 21 October 2022.

If i apply for BC PNP Tech draw now, I already have a full-time job offer from BC with a NOC code of BC PNP Tech list.

Can i go to Canada with BC PNP Work Permit, later when BC PNP PR comes after 3 months I reject BC PNP PR Application and only accept my Federal PR Application results ?

I asked BC PNP helpline, they said at some point I will have to make a choice between BC PNP PR and Federal PR. What did he meant by this?

My full time job in BC starts in May 1st, 2022 after 2 weeks from now.

And I still have no Visa for Canada.

Federal PR application status:

March 7, 2022 Medical Passed
March 7, 2022 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.

My PR timeline:

2020-05-21 AOR
2020-08-06 Biometric completed
2022-02-15 ADR (all family Birth Certificates only)
2022-03-05 ADR submitted
2022-03-07 Medical Passed
2022-03-07 ADR update - March 7, 2022 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.

Will PPR arrive anytime soon or not before the end date mentioned 21 October 2022?

Thank you

Last edited:

CelaLopez

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Hey guys. I'm sharing my experience and also asking a question.
I actually had 2 applications in progress: one under TR to PR pathway (submitted June last year) and another one with PNP - Express Entry category (submitted January this year).

Recently I got the confirmation of PR of my EE application (so, yeah it was a lot faster than the other one).
Here is my question: according to all I read on this thread, I'm supposed to withdraw the other application but does this application already stopped being processed?? Is there a chance that it gets an approval too, or not a chance anymore?

I haven't found specific information about that on the official Canada site or any other Immigration site and I'm not a native English speaker, so I just want to clarify in case I may have interpreted things differently.

I'd be happier if my PR won't tie me to any province (been here for 5 years already...) and that's why I applied last year thinking I will get that one first but hey, I can't really complain after all these years "trying".

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: preet buttar baryar

r3ytak14

Mar 2, 2020
I actually had 2 applications in progress: one under TR to PR pathway (submitted June last year) and another one with PNP - Express Entry category (submitted January this year).

Recently I got the confirmation of PR of my EE application (so, yeah it was a lot faster than the other one).
Here is my question: according to all I read on this thread, I'm supposed to withdraw the other application but does this application already stopped being processed?? Is there a chance that it gets an approval too, or not a chance anymore?

I haven't found specific information about that on the official Canada site or any other Immigration site and I'm not a native English speaker, so I just want to clarify in case I may have interpreted things differently.

I'd be happier if my PR won't tie me to any province (been here for 5 years already...) and that's why I applied last year thinking I will get that one first but hey, I can't really complain after all these years "trying".

Thanks in advance!
Go that which you have received, don't wait for that one which you MAY receive in Future.
pick the SAFER option in my opinion. OR RISK the wait.

mehdi88

Jan 7, 2023

Thanks in advance!
I'm in a similar situation. Can you share what was your experience finally? Thanks

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
Hi guys
I applied for PR after getting my PNP. It has been 20 months now but no response because I got married and added my spouse just 15 days before my 16 months were gonna be over. I have called immigration many times to find out how long it will take for them to process his application? He’s already in Canada on open work permit and is a British citizen. They told me there’s no time frame hence no answer for me.
I have also completed my one year experience in NOC B level job so I’m eligible for EE as well. I’m confused if I should just wait for this decision to be made or apply through EE. Can I have both applications in process at the same time?
Thank you
You can have multiple applications processing and whichever approve first will automatically cancel the others

FNOTT

Aug 9, 2022
You can have multiple applications processing and whichever approve first will automatically cancel the others
What if you apply for PR under PNP Non EE stream and CEC stream, and one of them got refused/ rejected? Will the other one got refused too?

If I have 2 applications processing, do I need to withdraw one of them before getting copr or after getting copr?