+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I go with systems tester/consultant/QA? experts advice please

spartan18

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Can go with the job tile system tester/consultant/Quality assurance?, as my company is willing to put consultant/QA(this is what they have in their records) in the reference letter and system tester matches my job duties( I am a full time employee of this company working as a contractor for another company). Apparently, my duties matches system tester and QA and I work as a system tester.
I cannot go with QA analyst coz I am planning to apply under NOC B 2283 and have 6 in IELTS.

Thanks advance.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spartan18 said:
Can go with the job tile system tester/consultant/Quality assurance?, as my company is willing to put consultant/QA(this is what they have in their records) in the reference letter and system tester matches my job duties( I am a full time employee of this company working as a contractor for another company). Apparently, my duties matches system tester and QA and I work as a system tester.
I cannot go with QA analyst coz I am planning to apply under NOC B 2283 and have 6 in IELTS.

Thanks advance.
Do you have an open or closed work permit?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spartan18 said:
Thanks!!

I have open workpermit valid until next year.
Okay. The focus should be on your job duties. So choose an NOC which best matches the duties, rather than the title.

rk1434u2000

Dec 24, 2012
Hi

Even I am in the same boat, my employer gave me the reference letter as a title Quality assurance Analyst(NOC A - 2171), but all my duties are under Software tester(NOC B - 2283),, getting confused under which NOC i need to apply, i am not eligible under noc a as I have 5.5 , 6, 6.5 , and 8 respectively in IELTS.

so the question is : Do i have to retake the IELTS exam and apply under NOC A, or as my duties match under NOC B am i good to apply under NOC B.

P.S I am on a open workpermit.

My ref letter:

Re: Confirmation of work for XXXXXX

To whom it may Concern:

This is to confirm that XXXXXX is currently working as full time (37.5 hours per week) permanent employee for YYYYYYYYY . with an annual salary of $99999999.

Mr. XXXXXX has been full time permanent employee for YYYYYYYYY . since 7689, 2012. His position is Quality Assurance Analyst III and his duties are as follows:

• Gather Business, Functional and Use Case requirements and prioritized the requirements for UAT test planning and test execution

• Analyze the Business and Functional Requirements to identify GAPS

• Create Master and System Test Plan based on the Requirements

• Document detailed technical Test scenarios and Test Cases

• Identify and Create test data in the database based on Requirements

• Performed technical testing like Sanity, Functionality, System Integration, End to End, User Acceptance and Load testing (Performance Testing)

• Identify defects and report them to the development team and ensure the defects are resolved

If you have any further questions or need more information, please do not hesitate to contact myself at:

Human Resources

spartan18

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
@rk1434u2000. I see your job description matches QA analyst, Only QA person or higher creates a Master Test plan, and system test plan is developed by tester.

rk1434u2000

Dec 24, 2012
Yes, I have made that reference letter and given it to my HR and I can change that any time by talking to her, however they said they can't change my title,,,,,,,,,,

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay.

Everyone must understand... You do not choose an NOC to match your job title, you choose an NOC that matches your duties. This is very important! If you choose an NOC that matches your titles but your duties do not match, chances are your application will be rejected!

Don't worry if your title doesn't match the NOC exactly, but make sure the duties match the chosen NOC!

rk1434u2000

Dec 24, 2012
jsm0085 said:
Okay.

Everyone must understand... You do not choose an NOC to match your job title, you choose an NOC that matches your duties. This is very important! If you choose an NOC that matches your titles but your duties do not match, chances are your application will be rejected!

Don't worry if your title doesn't match the NOC exactly, but make sure the duties match the chosen NOC!
So, is there any way that i can verify with the immigration under which NOC i have to apply by call/email.......or its a just by chance,,, if rejected with this go with other....LOL

Please advise....

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rk1434u2000 said:
So, is there any way that i can verify with the immigration under which NOC i have to apply by call/email.......or its a just by chance,,, if rejected with this go with other....LOL

Please advise....
I have the same question, is there any way that we can confirm with the immigration, under which noc should we apply?

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
honeysingh said:
I have the same question, is there any way that we can confirm with the immigration, under which noc should we apply?
You can contact the HRSDC (Human Resources and Skills Development Canada), and they will give an opinion of which NOC best matches your duties:

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ContactUs.aspx

They usually take a couple days to respond. You can consider printing their email response and including it with your application, to support your decision to apply for the CEC under that code.