+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i go back immediately to my country after receiving my PR

markbibon

Oct 9, 2017
hi!! can i ask some questions.
is it okay to go back to my country after receiving my PR . im leaving here for only 6 months. i want to go back home to marry my wife. so that i can sponsor her .

markbibon

Oct 9, 2017
thank you . can i stay in my country for 3
months? because we will need to process our requirements/papers for our marriage .

markbibon

Oct 9, 2017
Yes you can. Keep in mind that you have to be in Canada to sponsor your wife. So, you will have to go back to Canada after marriage. In addition, spousal sponsorship applications take some time and you will be separated during the application processing.
Congrats for the PR and the marriage!

markbibon

Oct 9, 2017
Off course, you are free to do so. Once you get your PR card you are free to travel as much as you want. Just keep in mind that you need to meet residency obligation which two years out of five to be able to renew your card.
what about in the immigration. some peo

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
just keep in mind if you are not staying to collect your PR card and you will not have an address of a friend for it to be mailed to in Canada so they can send to you in your home country you will need to apply for a PRTD whilst in your home country in order to board a plane to return to Canada.