+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I Give Power of Attorney to my Mother???

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Hi,

I am a Canadian Citizen and my Mother is an Indian Citizen. My mother is with me here in Canada on a Visitor Visa since May 2018. She has to leave Canada by next month.

We own a property in India in my name. We have a buyer for that property in India. My question is, Can I give Power of Attorney to my mother and do the paper works for POA from Canada for that property so that she can go to India and done the deal? If it is not possible then myself and my kids also have to go to India and make the deal which will cost us more.

Expecting your suggestions.

Thanks

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi,

I am a Canadian Citizen and my Mother is an Indian Citizen. My mother is with me here in Canada on a Visitor Visa since May 2018. She has to leave Canada by next month.

We own a property in India in my name. We have a buyer for that property in India. My question is, Can I give Power of Attorney to my mother and do the paper works for POA from Canada for that property so that she can go to India and done the deal? If it is not possible then myself and my kids also have to go to India and make the deal which will cost us more.

Expecting your suggestions.

Thanks
A power of attorney needs to be notarized by the authority of the country where the POA will be exercised.
Check with your consulate/embassy, as they would usually offer such services for their citizens abroad.