+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i get visa on conditional admission ? please read the conditions first

effi

Mar 22, 2013
Hello, i got admission in Concordia university, Quebec, Canada and i am going to apply for study permit in few days. i want to know that does any conditions in university acceptance letter affect my visa ? or can it result in my visa rejection ?

i have the following conditions in my acceptance letter,

1-Your acceptance is contingent upon the receipt of a final official transcript from Mehran University of Engineering and Technology showing successful completion of all courses attended and the awarding of the Bachelor's degree. This transcript must be sent directly from the institution to Concordia University's Graduate Admissions Application Centre (P.O. Box 2002, Montreal, QC, H3G 2V4), and must be received prior to the commencement of your studies at Concordia.

2-In addition to your regular program requirements, you must take two 3-credit Faculty English courses, ENCS 5721 and ENCS 6721, within your first academic year, and obtain grades of 'B' or better in each course. This requirement may change based on TOEFL or IELTS results you may submit prior to registration in the Master's program, that meet the minimum acceptable score of the Faculty (563/85 TOEFL and 6.5 IELTS).

i have sent my official documents to university and fulfilled the first condition and for the second condition i will appear for IELTS test in June 2013 and will definitely get 6.5 or higher score in it and in case i doesn't get the required score i will take English language courses at Concordia university, but i can not register from here in Pakistan, i have to be there at Concordia university for registering of my courses.

Now what i want to know is, Can a visa officer reject my case for study permit on the basis of above conditions ? Is it compulsory to get unconditional admission letter ?

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
Since you have already sent your documents, ask for another admission letter. This way, at least condition 1 will be removed. As for condition 2, I've seen people on this forum get visa who had to complete english courses. Good luck.

vish92

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Even I got a conditional acceptance for M.Eng Industrial for the Sept Intake @ Concordia University.

I am still in my final semester of B.Tech and my final exams end on May 17th.. But THe condition is that I succesfully show my final transcript to the university. Now, can I apply for the Visa & CAQ with the conditional letter that I have with me.

Will the VO accept if I show them the Conditional Letter along with the final transcript? Pls help

vish15591

Jul 29, 2012
vish92 said:
Hi

Even I got a conditional acceptance for M.Eng Industrial for the Sept Intake @ Concordia University.

I am still in my final semester of B.Tech and my final exams end on May 17th.. But THe condition is that I succesfully show my final transcript to the university. Now, can I apply for the Visa & CAQ with the conditional letter that I have with me.

Will the VO accept if I show them the Conditional Letter along with the final transcript? Pls help
@Vish92
I am in the same situation like u.I got conditional admit in MS in information Security for fall 13.Have u applied for CAQ?Do we need to require the final transcript for CAQ?If u get any update,please also pass it to me.

vish92

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vish15591 said:
@ Vish92
I am in the same situation like u.I got conditional admit in MS in information Security for fall 13.Have u applied for CAQ?Do we need to require the final transcript for CAQ?If u get any update,please also pass it to me.

Dude we are in the same situation..I don't know for sure if CAQ will accept seeing the conditional offer. I need someone to confirm it. I even mailed the CAQ issuing authority asking abt what I should, but they never gave me any affirmative answer..

georgec522

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Gujarat
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
all of you,

I have seen lots of cases like u,
vo will aprove only unconditional application.
so make sure u fulfill all condition.
otherwise u have 2 face refusal..

effi

Mar 22, 2013
georgec522 said:
all of you,

ok :(

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, i got admission in Concordia university, Quebec, Canada and i am going to apply for study permit in few days. i want to know that does this condition in university acceptance letter affect my visa ? or can it result in my visa rejection ?

Also, Can I apply for CAQ with this conditional acceptance letter that I got on my email.

i have the following conditions in my acceptance letter,

1-Your acceptance is contingent upon the receipt of a final official transcript from Punjab Technical University showing successful completion of all courses attended and the awarding of the Bachelor's degree. This transcript must be sent directly from the institution to Concordia University's Graduate Admissions Application Centre (P.O. Box 2002, Montreal, QC, H3G 2V4), and must be received prior to the commencement of your studies at Concordia.

I will send the the transcript again to university within fewdays.

mr22

Jun 15, 2017
hey... what did you guys eventually do?? did you apply with a conditional letter? I am in a similar situation right now.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
all of you,

My sister got her acceptance in MENG at university of waterloo. She just finished her BTECH. Now her offer letter is conditional and upon talking to uni they told her that we don't issue revised offer letters, the one they provided should be good to apply for study permit. Any thought on this guys?

mANN13

Dec 10, 2016
I also have a conditional offer letter ....it seems like we have to apply visa with conditional offer letter with proof of satisfying the conditions.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
I also have a conditional offer letter ....it seems like we have to apply visa with conditional offer letter with proof of satisfying the conditions.
I think the same. I did ask UW and they keep saying that they won't issue a revised one. this letter should be good. I told my sister to just apply with the same offer letter, may be write a paragraph in her SOP describing the situation.