+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get TRV for honeymoon in Canada?

thenewgirl

May 9, 2021
Hello all,

My fiance is a PR in Canada, he will be coming back to Nigeria soon for our marriage and wedding; I will love to travel back with him after the marriage for honeymoon, celebrate our upcoming birthdays, and possibly Christmas while waiting for my spousal visa or OWP (if I get one).

Is this reason enough to apply for TRV? What are the chances of getting rejected? I run or own a company here in Nigeria with so many employees, but we both don't have a landed property yet in Nigeria, is my company and my daily job (I work for another company as a full-time staff) enough to prove my ties to my country?

And finally, if I get a job in Canada (I actually have an on-demand skill), will my work permit allow me to stay in the country until my spousal visa is ready?

I don't mind coming back after the 6 months even if I don't get a job, but I don't want to make any mistakes in my TRV application; any suggestions, advice would really help. Or possible steps or sample letter to do it right

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all,

My fiance is a PR in Canada, he will be coming back to Nigeria soon for our marriage and wedding; I will love to travel back with him after the marriage for honeymoon, celebrate our upcoming birthdays, and possibly Christmas while waiting for my spousal visa or OWP (if I get one).

Is this reason enough to apply for TRV? What are the chances of getting rejected? I run or own a company here in Nigeria with so many employees, but we both don't have a landed property yet in Nigeria, is my company and my daily job (I work for another company as a full-time staff) enough to prove my ties to my country?

And finally, if I get a job in Canada (I actually have an on-demand skill), will my work permit allow me to stay in the country until my spousal visa is ready?

I don't mind coming back after the 6 months even if I don't get a job, but I don't want to make any mistakes in my TRV application; any suggestions, advice would really help. Or possible steps or sample letter to do it right

Thank you
The chances of approval are likely 50/50, perhaps a bit lower depending on your background. Generally speaking, it's difficult to get a TRV if your spouse is Canadian since IRCC will often suspect you aren't a genuine visitor but intend to use the TRV to come to Canada, apply for PR inland and remain in Canada long term. Having said that, you can certainly try.

You'll want to show strong ties to your home country and that you have enough money saved to cover the costs of your trip. It will help your application if you have past travel to countries requiring visas such as the US and UK.

mikunn85

Oct 17, 2019
Thanks so much for your response. I will really love to try
I'm a Nigerian, My Husband is a PR and I got my TRV approved with no single travel history. Like Scylla said, you need to show strong ties to your home country and that you have enough money saved to cover the cost of your trip.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm a Nigerian, My Husband is a PR and I got my TRV approved with no single travel history. Like Scylla said, you need to show strong ties to your home country and that you have enough money saved to cover the cost of your trip.
It does look like you were refuses on your first attempt to get a TRV. It is quite difficult for spouses of PRs and citizens to get a TRV.

mikunn85

Oct 17, 2019
It does look like you were refuses on your first attempt to get a TRV. It is quite difficult for spouses of PRs and citizens to get a TRV.
Yes I was refused on my first but got it on my 2nd attempt. While my spousal application is in process

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I was refused on my first but got it on my 2nd attempt. While my spousal application is in process
Canada does seem to have been a bit more flexible for couples whose applications are close to the 1 year mark due to covid but I wouldn’t expect that to continue indefinitely.