+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get the PGWP after graduation from continuing studies?

Sophia Choi

May 7, 2018
Hello,

I've been thinking to apply for the supply chain & logistics program of Langara College.
However, I found that this program is one of the Continuing Studies.
I heard that CIC does not issue the Post Graduate Work Permit for Continuing Studies, and I'd like to make it clear before applying.
The program is 2year full-time Post-Degree Diploma (in-class).

Is it eligible to get the PGWP after graduation from this course?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
As long as you are an international student that graduated from a Canadian DLI you are entitled to a PGWP

1yr program - 8months PGWP
2yrs program - 3yrs PGWP

what you should be concerned about to to verify if you've not if actually your DLI is a private or public college, if its private then you won't qualify

Reactions: Scorpion80

Sophia Choi

May 7, 2018
As long as you are an international student that graduated from a Canadian DLI you are entitled to a PGWP

1yr program - 8months PGWP
2yrs program - 3yrs PGWP

what you should be concerned about to to verify if you've not if actually your DLI is a private or public college, if its private then you won't qualify
Thank you for your comment.
I've checked that Langara college is in the list of DLI. However, what I've been concerned is that Continuing Studies is not in the list of the DLI.
Only know that Continuing Studies run through Langara college. In this case, is it eligible to get the PGWP?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
as long as you are still schooling or having a continuous studies, you can't be eligible for PGWP but you can work while studying as your study permit also permits it

ankitvashisht

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Hello,

I've been thinking to apply for the supply chain & logistics program of Langara College.
However, I found that this program is one of the Continuing Studies.
I heard that CIC does not issue the Post Graduate Work Permit for Continuing Studies, and I'd like to make it clear before applying.
The program is 2year full-time Post-Degree Diploma (in-class).

Is it eligible to get the PGWP after graduation from this course?
I got offer letter for the same course from Langara.

Is it right that CIC does not issue PGWP after the studies in this course??
please reply

Sophia Choi

May 7, 2018
I got offer letter for the same course from Langara.

Is it right that CIC does not issue PGWP after the studies in this course??
please reply
Until now, I'm not sure whether CIC does not issue PGWP to CS langara college or not. However, I'm processing to get the study permit for Supply chain and Logistics now.

ankitvashisht

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Until now, I'm not sure whether CIC does not issue PGWP to CS langara college or not. However, I'm processing to get the study permit for Supply chain and Logistics now.
I talked to a current student in Langara. He told me that most of the students in the CS are international and if this is condition then nobody would have take admission in the CS langara. This course is fairly a new program and the final year students are in their final semesters.

Have you applied for Sep 2018 intake?

Sophia Choi

May 7, 2018
I talked to a current student in Langara. He told me that most of the students in the CS are international and if this is condition then nobody would have take admission in the CS langara. This course is fairly a new program and the final year students are in their final semesters.

Have you applied for Sep 2018 intake?
I enrolled for Jan 2019 intake. I think it will be eligible to get the PGWP after graduation from the CS program. As you check the qualification for the PGWP on CIC website, there is nothing about continuing studies. Only distance learning is not eligible to get the PGWP. However, CS supply chain logistcisb program is in-class and a 2year full time program.

ankitvashisht

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
I enrolled for Jan 2019 intake. I think it will be eligible to get the PGWP after graduation from the CS program. As you check the qualification for the PGWP on CIC website, there is nothing about continuing studies. Only distance learning is not eligible to get the PGWP. However, CS supply chain logistcisb program is in-class and a 2year full time program.
You are absolutely right and as CS supply chain logistics is two year full time class program so there would be no problem in getting PGWP.
I also enrolled for Jan 2019 intake.
Have you submitted your college fees i.e. 5900$

May 27, 2019
Hello,
I am thinking of applying in Mc Gill continuing studies for Integrated Aviation Management program. They say it's a one year full time program.
Has anyone got info, if this would be eligible for PGWP.?

ankitvashisht

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Hello,
I am thinking of applying in Mc Gill continuing studies for Integrated Aviation Management program. They say it's a one year full time program.
Has anyone got info, if this would be eligible for PGWP.?
If your course length is 8 months or more, in class course and your college have DLI number then hopefully you will get work permit. I am also studying in continuing studies and many students of this course already get their work permits. So, don't worry.

May 27, 2019
If your course length is 8 months or more, in class course and your college have DLI number then hopefully you will get work permit. I am also studying in continuing studies and many students of this course already get their work permits. So, don't worry.
I have been told it’s an year long program (DESS category). I am hoping Mc Gill comes under DLI. Are you studying in Mc Gill SCS.
Is there any way we can get this checked directly from the authorities. I am not able to find any contact information in india who can validate this info.

FMTO

Jun 8, 2019
Hello.
Has anyone confirmed if Continuing Studies programs at Langara are in fact eligible to PGWP? I am planning on taking the accounting course, also continuing studies, and I would like to know if anyone has gotten their PGWP approved already from this courses. Thank you.

May 27, 2019
Hello.
Has anyone confirmed if Continuing Studies programs at Langara are in fact eligible to PGWP? I am planning on taking the accounting course, also continuing studies, and I would like to know if anyone has gotten their PGWP approved already from this courses. Thank you.
I am not sure, but i have done my research and contacted a few graduates. Continuing studies programs are eligible for PGWP if its a full time program and has a minimum duration of one year.
Make sure you have "full time" written on your offer letter and diploma or certificate or degree..

Hope this clarifies.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014