+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i get student visa with 7 years of education gap?

venkat306

Oct 24, 2016
hi i wanted to apply for film studies/photography and media management since i am already into that and have 7 years of work experience ,but in India the overseas education consultant people says that i wont be able to get through my visa process and immigration since i have 7 years of work experience ..is it true?please kindly guide me ,i want to study in a college/university which i have aimed for years and i am passionate about it.please help me

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Yes you can, as long as you explain your study gap and how this program will help you in your career.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Impossible to say unless you share your qualifications, your work experience and how that all relates to your planned course. Plus how you will show ties to home country and proof of funds which would be in region of 18000 cdn plus 10000 cdn per year. Plus you will probably need a good IELTS score.

The gap itself is not necessarily the issue as long as you can present a good case for the above given people with longer gaps have been successful as long as well they can show benefit to their long term goals.

People who get rejected after a gap usually fail given they are not convincing about their intentions and simply come across that for example they woke up one day and thought Canada seems like a good idea and maybe I can stay there afterwards.

Last edited:

venkat306

Oct 24, 2016
Impossible to say unless you share your qualifications, your work experience and how that all relates to your planned course. Plus how you will show ties to home country and proof of funds which would be in region of 18000 cdn plus 10000 cdn per year. Plus you will probably need a good IELTS score.

The gap itself is not necessarily the issue as long as you can present a good case for the above given people with longer gaps have been successful as long as well they can show benefit to their long term goals.

People who get rejected after a gap usually fail given they are not convincing about their intentions and simply come across that for example they woke up one day and thought Canada seems like a good idea and maybe I can stay there afterwards.
thank you so much for the reply and guidance,i am a professions photographer with 6 years of relevant field experience and i am into eCommerce platform and i want to learn the eCommerce management and also want to learn advance technique in photography precisely for product photography and media management,since Canada and USA got advanced technology in both i wanted to learn and work with high end equipment,i am looking for one year course so i might get 6 month of hand on experience over there and i want to come back India and start up my own eCommerce company .this is my goal and agenda...

venkat306

Oct 24, 2016
Yes you can, as long as you explain your study gap and how this program will help you in your career.
thank you so much for the reply and i have a valid sop but still they say its like a 50/50 chances to get my permit for student visa

BrendenL

Nov 25, 2017
Hi everyone,
I was studing hospitality and I dropped out in 2013 during my second yr of college. Since then I was working as a freelance waiter for events till 2016. I wish to pursue a diplomaprogram in Canada but since it was a freelance job I don't have a pay slip or experience letter. I also have only 44% in 12th board. Will it affect my chances of getting a student permit?

Reactions: eventguru7629

Rojaj16

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hi Guys, I have completed Bsc(IT) with 89% in 2011 and working till now. I have scored IELTS 6.5 band no band less than 6 in academic. Total 6.4 years experience without any gap in profession. I wanted to do pg diploma course in Canada . Is there any possibilities to get admission in any college and visa ? I appreciate your quick response...