+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get rejected at Border?

Sultanmatania

Mar 19, 2019
Looking for advice.
I got my Passport request today. I will soon get the confirmation of permanent residence and will have to do flagpoling.
The problem is my job status has changed and I am working at different job now than what I was nominated for.
The job position I was nominated for was Food Service Supervisor and Now I have the position of Production Supervisor with different employer.
My question- Should I go to the border without getting a new sinp nomination or can I simply go to the border?
Is there a chance I may get rejected at the border?
If I get rejected, what is the process after that?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Looking for advice.
I got my Passport request today. I will soon get the confirmation of permanent residence and will have to do flagpoling.
The problem is my job status has changed and I am working at different job now than what I was nominated for.
The job position I was nominated for was Food Service Supervisor and Now I have the position of Production Supervisor with different employer.
My question- Should I go to the border without getting a new sinp nomination or can I simply go to the border?
Is there a chance I may get rejected at the border?
If I get rejected, what is the process after that?
If your nomination was based on your job offer, then yes - you can be refused landing if you no longer meed the conditions of your nomination. You were required to notify IRCC and transfer your nomination to your new employer.

Sultanmatania

Mar 19, 2019
If your nomination was based on your job offer, then yes - you can be refused landing if you no longer meed the conditions of your nomination. You were required to notify IRCC and transfer your nomination to your new employer.
If I get rejected, I know for a fact that I would have to get nomination through my new employer.
Do I need to redo my paper application to cic( go through entire paper based application process-probably 12-19 months) or I can just add my new nomination in my old paper based application(which I think will be faster?) ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If I get rejected, I know for a fact that I would have to get nomination through my new employer.
Do I need to redo my paper application to cic( go through entire paper based application process-probably 12-19 months) or I can just add my new nomination in my old paper based application(which I think will be faster?) ?
I personally wouldn't risk going to the border. There's a chance they could issue a misrepresentation finding against you in addition to refusing landing.

I would get the nomination changed now. I don't know what the process involves. You should ask this in the PNP section of the forum.