+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get my study permit at the airport with my current visa?

trinitypausch

Jul 2, 2023
Hellooo... could you tell me how was your experience at the airport? Did you receive your study permit with the new dates? Or you have to ask for an extension?
Hi there,
Everything worked smoothly for me and there is no problem at all in the airport. The best border officers I've ever seen in my life.

mile80

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
Hi there,
Everything worked smoothly for me and there is no problem at all in the airport. The best border officers I've ever seen in my life.
Thanks for your answer, but I want to know if the officer gave you the study permit with the new dates, I mean you don't need to apply for study permit extension ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your answer, but I want to know if the officer gave you the study permit with the new dates, I mean you don't need to apply for study permit extension ?
You can’t apply for a study permit extension at the border when you land unless you are a US citizen.

mile80

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
Yes... but there are some cases where the officer issue the study permit only for the time remains in your visa...
My punctual question is your study permit was issued for the entire time of your study or you have to apply for an extension in 1 or 2 years.?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes... but there are some cases where the officer issue the study permit only for the time remains in your visa...
My punctual question is your study permit was issued for the entire time of your study or you have to apply for an extension in 1 or 2 years.?
You will only be given the length of time stated on your initial application for example if you then deferred your admission. You would then have to apply for an extension pathway through your studies.