+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get my passport back during the process? (Detroit Office)

cyuan

Nov 22, 2012
I have sent out my application to Detroit office on Nov 8, based on some previous posts, it unlikely that I can get it by Dec 12.
However, I need my passport back on Dec 12 in order to go back to my country.
It's OK if I cannot have the frikin' visa, but is there any way that I can get my passport back in case I can't get it on time?

I heard that some went to the Detroit office and ask for his passport, any one know whether that will work?

Thanks!!

cyuan

Nov 22, 2012
I will wait for one more week, if I can't get it by then I will go and try to talk to them anyway.

cyuan

Nov 22, 2012
I have already got back my visa. I took them about two weeks. Actually it's pretty fast.

ananthbi

Nov 8, 2012
@ cyuan

I also sent in my application (mine and my wife's together) to the Detroit Office on November 8 (It reached them on November 13th because of some holidays in between). We are still waiting for our visa from the Consulate. Our travel dates are December 22- Jan 1.

If you don't mind, can you please let me know when did your application reach the consulate and when did you get it back? Also, did the Consulate notify you before they sent out your package?

Thanks!