+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get my ECA done by WES and IQAS?

tresconik

Nov 23, 2018
Hello!

I am a lawyer from Mumbai with two years of work experience looking to move. I applied for an ECA from IQAS (because they would recognise my degree as a professional degree and WES would call it a double bachelor's degree) and my documents are now on their way to them. I just got my IELTS results and scored 9, 8.5, 8.5, 7 - LRSW.

I realised after my results that even if WES recognises my qualifications as a double degree, I would end up with 446 points. The ECA from IQAS would get me 453 total points.

Should I go for WES now and in case I don't make the cutoff, use the IQAS ECA when that arrives? Will the immigration officer find it suspicious that I'm using two services which are showing me different results?

Thanks!

bmr

Jan 30, 2015
Hello!

I am a lawyer from Mumbai with two years of work experience looking to move. I applied for an ECA from IQAS (because they would recognise my degree as a professional degree and WES would call it a double bachelor's degree) and my documents are now on their way to them. I just got my IELTS results and scored 9, 8.5, 8.5, 7 - LRSW.

I realised after my results that even if WES recognises my qualifications as a double degree, I would end up with 446 points. The ECA from IQAS would get me 453 total points.

Should I go for WES now and in case I don't make the cutoff, use the IQAS ECA when that arrives? Will the immigration officer find it suspicious that I'm using two services which are showing me different results?

Thanks!
You do research and see where you get more points( WES or IQAS ) by going their portals ... and accordingly plan ....

453 CRS is very one ... u will get ITA in next draw ... when u submit the apps...

please note : be genuine with IRCC ...

tresconik

Nov 23, 2018
You do research and see where you get more points( WES or IQAS ) by going their portals ... and accordingly plan ....

453 CRS is very one ... u will get ITA in next draw ... when u submit the apps...

please note : be genuine with IRCC ...
IQAS gets me 453.
WES gives me 446.

IQAS will take 84 days.
WES will take 20 days.

That means I could get my ITA in about a month with WES, but 3 months from now with IQAS.

Of course I'm being genuine with IRCC here. I'm doing nothing wrong or trying to fool anyone. I believe WES wrongly assesses my degree, but if I can get in anyway, is there any harm in doing what I asked in my original post?

Thank you for your reply.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
IQAS gets me 453.
WES gives me 446.

IQAS will take 84 days.
WES will take 20 days.

That means I could get my ITA in about a month with WES, but 3 months from now with IQAS.

Of course I'm being genuine with IRCC here. I'm doing nothing wrong or trying to fool anyone. I believe WES wrongly assesses my degree, but if I can get in anyway, is there any harm in doing what I asked in my original post?

Thank you for your reply.
Doesn't matter how many eca you do, only the one you will claim matters. So go ahead with your plan. Use whichever gives you ITA.

MubashirH

Dec 21, 2020
Yes no problem. Even two eca for two different credentials are allowed. You are just being worried for nothing!
I am exactly in a similar situation.
3 years Hotel management degree and it is recognised as 3 years Degree by WES and IQAS
2 Years Masters in Tourism Management given 2 years PG Diploma by WES and Degree by IQAS
IELTS yet not given.
Kindly advice me if I should go for both WES and IQAS?