+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get merried on Tourist Visa

aliahmed

Nov 18, 2008
Hi,

I am visiting canada soon.Can I marry my canadian girlfriend on my tourist visa. I dont have any intention to over stay.
And how much time is required to get married in ontario. Because I am doin a job here in UK, so I have to come back as soon as I get married. So I need to plan my tour properly.

Its been a long while we both are planning to get married. But we both were got stuck in our jobs.
We are meeting each other on small vacations. Now I want to get married so we can settle down.

Now we found a get away. This is only possible if I plan some vacations for canada and sort out everything. So we could live together finally.

Right now I am in UK doing a gud job here but I am pakistani citizen and my girlfriend is canadian and just started a fulltime job. Later I can support her as dependent or she can get a spouse visa for me depends on situation.

waiting for replies....

Looki

Sep 16, 2008
It is possible yes.

I have PR in Canada and my husband came over on a visitors. We got married without hassle, here, in Ontario. You need to apply for a marriage license. You just fill out the form, take two forms of ID each and it all gets done there and then right in front of you and you get all the neccesary paperwork back.

The only things that will have waiting periods are the venues, wedding officiants etc etc etc.

Looki

Sep 16, 2008
Just don't tell Immigration you're going so you can marry your canadian girlfriend... they'll most likely refuse your visa application.

aliahmed

Nov 18, 2008
Thanks for reply. You eased my half stress.

what do u mean by "venues, wedding officiants etc" . Is tat compulsary, because I want to do it in mosque in a simple manner, because we both dont have much friends or family relitives. Actually we are planning a huge wedding cermony end of next year or so in pakistan for friends and relitives. So my concern is to sort out all necessary paper work regarding our marrige and come back, so we can start PR process or I get her a dependent visa.Also I like to go for quickest way. Because I wont be having enough time on my this visit.
I hope thats also possible if u refered venue as where we will get married. So please guide me more on this venue part. I am bit confuse about it. Can you tell me on average how much time required for all this paper work to be done. Because my main concern is my job, I want to come back as soon as possible. So I can save some vacation from my job to visit my future wife later.

Waiting for your reply....

Looki

Sep 16, 2008
With regards to the license, they suggest you do it at least a month before the date of the wedding.

and if you just want a simple wedding in a mosque you'll have to get hold of the mosques themselves. I know the Catholic Church wanted a full years advanced warning, but we also wanted a small wedding and opted for a wedding officiant. We had the ceremony in the back yard, very small with just immediate family. We used these people: http://www.allseasonsweddings.com/

Immigration will want photos of your wedding etc etc etc as part of the relationship "proof" ... so celebrating after sending it all in causes a bit of a clash with regards to that "evidence"... but you could most likely explain that in the application and hopefully that will be okay. I'm not sure tho, someone else will have to give you more on that.

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
You soon to be spouse can get the certificate, but she needs your original document. And yes you can marry with a tourist visa, in fact they never ask to see you visa or anything. Once you have the certificate, you have 3 months to actually get married. You can marry at CITY HALL, with friends and family if you want for almost $200.00 and sometimes you can get an appointment to do so within a few days even the same day if you are lucky!

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
of course you can and if you get married with your spouse your spouse can apply for PR application within canada you dont have to come back your home country but it depends if you get visitor visa if they learn that your intention is to get married there they will not give you visitor visa but i hope you will get it wish you all the best..