+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get into Canada with PGWP but no job offer currently?

Bangladeshi_boy

Apr 15, 2018
I have PGWP that's valid until March 2024. I also got TRV for the same length of time. I booked ticket for 19th Feb. I am currently in Bangladesh (came 4 months ago due to a family emergency). 2 questions:
  1. Will I be allowed to enter without job offer (I will search for job after getting into Canada). From what I gather, after the border was opened (after Sept 9th 2021), all kinds of people were allowed to enter like before. Restrictions increased after Omicron, but they didn't close the border, so theoretically I should be allowed to enter without job offer, correct?
  2. If I can't go now, and delay it a few more months, will that cause problems? Theoretically I shuuld be allowed to enter any date before the work permit/ visa ends (so any date before march 2024) should be valid right?

navdeepchopra

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
no issues to go if you have valid WP and can enter anytime provided you have valid PP & WP...

this is as per my knowledge, not an expert or legal advisor...moreover rules can change anytime

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have PGWP that's valid until March 2024. I also got TRV for the same length of time. I booked ticket for 19th Feb. I am currently in Bangladesh (came 4 months ago due to a family emergency). 2 questions:
  1. Will I be allowed to enter without job offer (I will search for job after getting into Canada). From what I gather, after the border was opened (after Sept 9th 2021), all kinds of people were allowed to enter like before. Restrictions increased after Omicron, but they didn't close the border, so theoretically I should be allowed to enter without job offer, correct?
  2. If I can't go now, and delay it a few more months, will that cause problems? Theoretically I shuuld be allowed to enter any date before the work permit/ visa ends (so any date before march 2024) should be valid right?
Yes. Are you fully vacinnated? Fill out all the information on the Arrive Can app.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you only needed to show proof of employment during the earlier stages of Covid. You no longer need to prove employment just vaccination

Bangladeshi_boy

Apr 15, 2018
Yes. Are you fully vacinnated? Fill out all the information on the Arrive Can app.
Thank you so much for responding. Yes I am double vaccinated (Pfizer) from Canada. I got the vaccine before coming to Bangladesh.

I thought the ArriveCan is supposed to be done 72 hours before the flight and cannot be done any earlier?

But as for my second question - if I delay it a few more months, will that cause problem? Theoretically I should be allowed to enter any time before my work permit / work visa ends (i.e. before March 2024?) right?

Yes you only needed to show proof of employment during the earlier stages of Covid. You no longer need to prove employment just vaccination
Nice. So I should be allowed to enter now that border is open.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much for responding. Yes I am double vaccinated (Pfizer) from Canada. I got the vaccine before coming to Bangladesh.

I thought the ArriveCan is supposed to be done 72 hours before the flight and cannot be done any earlier?

But as for my second question - if I delay it a few more months, will that cause problem? Theoretically I should be allowed to enter any time before my work permit / work visa ends (i.e. before March 2024?) right?

Nice. So I should be allowed to enter now that border is open.
Yes you should be allowed to enter though things change quite quickly with Covid so make sure to monitor for any changes.

Bangladeshi_boy

Apr 15, 2018
Just to let people know, I got inside Canada day before yesterday. There was absolutely no problem at any point. In fact POE officers didn't even check anything -- they just saw my Passport and let me in. I did have to test for COVID, and luckily just got my result (in 2 days) - negative. So it doesn't seem to be a big issue to enter Canada now.

Reactions: pilotakram