+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get a student permit for second master's in Canada?

Rockyrock

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
I am an Afghan national , I got my b.tech in civil engineering from India, and master's in transport engineering from Japan. During the master's program, I joined a course-work called GIS (Geographic information system) , and I really loved it . GIS comes under Geomatics engineering and is related to civil engineering field . I am curios to relate my civil engineering knowledge to it. I have already applied for the Msc. in Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering, and waiting for the result. I saw on the web that second master's may affect the chances of getting a student visa . Do you have any idea regarding this?

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
I am an Afghan national , I got my b.tech in civil engineering from India, and master's in transport engineering from Japan. During the master's program, I joined a course-work called GIS (Geographic information system) , and I really loved it . GIS comes under Geomatics engineering and is related to civil engineering field . I am curios to relate my civil engineering knowledge to it. I have already applied for the Msc. in Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering, and waiting for the result. I saw on the web that second master's may affect the chances of getting a student visa . Do you have any idea regarding this?
I’m also going for a second Masters in Canada. Applied for visa.. Hoping to get it soon..

Rockyrock

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
I’m also going for a second Masters in Canada. Applied for visa.. Hoping to get it soon..
Oh I see. I hope you get your visa soon. Please, keep me updated about your visa , I might need your guidance . Thanks a lot for your response.

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Hi Kay2018 how are you ?,
any news from your side ? did you get the visa ?
Hi.. The only update I got was that medicals were cleared.. I got locked out of my account for incorrect answer on security question.. I have no clue what to now..

Rockyrock

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Congratulations on being cleared from the medical test.
You may contact CIC regarding this , and I hope you resolve this issue ASAP. All the best for the next stage :)

Rockyrock

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
I submitted my application on 1st of March for Msc in geomatics engineering at the University of New Brunswick. I am yet to get a response from them. Application status says: Thank you for submitting your completed application . Please, note that there may be outstanding supporting documents we require to complete the assessment of your application.
So far, they havent contacted me regarding any document , and I dont know how many more weeks will it take for them to complete the assessment.