+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get 600 points from OINP international student with job offers?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm eligible to apply under the *Employer Job offer - International Students* stream. If I receive
a Notification of Interest which will give an additional 600 pts. My question is...Can't we just apply through EE which is faster than the paper-based application? Please advise
No - it doesn't work that way. If you want to apply for EE directly, then you can't benefit from the nomination. You would have to have enough points to be selected through EE without the extra 600 points.

Sam230686

Nov 18, 2018
OINP International Student stream is not part of Express Entry stream. While filling the Express Entry profile, when you are asked if you have been nominated by any province, you have to say "No", and when you are applying for PR, mention that in an LOE that you were nominated by OINP but for international students stream which you can't claim the points for.
I was nominated by OINP International Student Stream as well, and I did the exact thing that I wrote here, got my COPR a couple of days ago.
What about those who have LMIA Skill Level B and have 1 year of work experience in Ontario.Do they qualify for nomination?

Nabitsi

Nov 22, 2023
No - it doesn't work that way. If you want to apply for EE directly, then you can't benefit from the nomination. You would have to have enough points to be selected through EE without the extra 600 points.
Hi,
Could you please let me know, how long Did you take to get you eCOPR? After the nomination?
I applied to Oinp because I don't have enough points in EE(375), so my only option now is apply directly IRRC, once I get my nomination?
I thought I can get through EE with 975 points, but now...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
Could you please let me know, how long Did you take to get you eCOPR? After the nomination?
I applied to Oinp because I don't have enough points in EE(375), so my only option now is apply directly IRRC, once I get my nomination?
I thought I can get through EE with 975 points, but now...
What OINP program are you applying through?