+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get 600 points from OINP international student with job offers?

ruandro

Jan 19, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Hi,

I'm wondering if I can get 600 points after being nomination from OINP international student with job offers stream?

Thanks!

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OINP International Student stream is not part of Express Entry stream. While filling the Express Entry profile, when you are asked if you have been nominated by any province, you have to say "No", and when you are applying for PR, mention that in an LOE that you were nominated by OINP but for international students stream which you can't claim the points for.
I was nominated by OINP International Student Stream as well, and I did the exact thing that I wrote here, got my COPR a couple of days ago.

ruandro

Jan 19, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
This link mentions the OINP streams that are part of Express Entry:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE.html
Thanks for replying. So there is not 600 points to EE then :( When did you started applying OINP? How long does the whole process taking? I dont really understand whats AOR, IP2 or PPR. So is COPR means you got the PR card already? Did you apply through EE or paper application after nominated? And may I ask what's your language exam scour?

Thanks again.. All these thing gives me headache lol

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for replying. So there is not 600 points to EE then :( When did you started applying OINP? How long does the whole process taking? I dont really understand whats AOR, IP2 or PPR. So is COPR means you got the PR card already? Did you apply through EE or paper application after nominated? And may I ask what's your language exam scour?

Thanks again.. All these thing gives me headache lol
OINP is a LOOOOONG tedious process here is my OINP timeline roughly:
Company filed pre-screen application: August 2015
Pre-screen Approved: Around may 2016
OINP Nomination approved: November 2016
PR Application submitted: March 2017
Still waiting for PR application to complete LOL

While waiting for OINP, i had enough points to apply for Express Entry, you can see my Express Entry timeline in the signature.
COPR = Confirmation of Permanent Residence, I am yet to do a formal landing and get the card, but the process is done.
Everything else you mentioned are stages in Express Entry PR application.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
OINP has traditional (paper-based) PNP streams, and express entry streams.... the international student+job offer stream is a non-express entry stream. So it has a different forum (this one is specifically express entry).

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/provincial-nomination-program-immigration.6/

Note that if you are eligible, you can apply to both the traditional PNP program, and one of the express entry programs. EE is obviously faster, but some people like to have the back-up...

igorbsmith

May 8, 2018
OINP International Student stream is not part of Express Entry stream. While filling the Express Entry profile, when you are asked if you have been nominated by any province, you have to say "No", and when you are applying for PR, mention that in an LOE that you were nominated by OINP but for international students stream which you can't claim the points for.
I was nominated by OINP International Student Stream as well, and I did the exact thing that I wrote here, got my COPR a couple of days ago.

Hi,

I would like to ask you if you had to do any English proficiency test in order to apply for P.R under international student stream with job offer.

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I would like to ask you if you had to do any English proficiency test in order to apply for P.R under international student stream with job offer.
I am not sure as that application was done by my lawyers and I did CELPIP around the same time to get more points in express entry and told my lawyers the score so they can update oinp application.
Going through the requirements, it appears that Language test is not required, but please confirm it with somebody else.

Kawal1313

Sep 4, 2018
I have the same question I have points for express entry which I will be eligible for next year. But i can do Oinp right now. I am just confused which way to go??
Please advise

ChipMark

Nov 15, 2017
Hi,
I was looking for some answers and found this post. I have a small query regarding OINP as mentioned below.
I'm already working in Ontario for one year on an open work permit which is going to expire in OCt2019, I'm thinking to go for OINP due to my low scores for EE. My question is since I'm already working and if I want to apply for OINP what my employer needs to do to facilitate me in this process?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I was looking for some answers and found this post. I have a small query regarding OINP as mentioned below.
I'm already working in Ontario for one year on an open work permit which is going to expire in OCt2019, I'm thinking to go for OINP due to my low scores for EE. My question is since I'm already working and if I want to apply for OINP what my employer needs to do to facilitate me in this process?

Thanks
Start reading here for the requirements your employer must meet and what they must do:

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPEMPLOYERS_SUPPORT.html

Also here:

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPEMPLOYERS_FORM.html

Reactions: ChipMark

ChipMark

Nov 15, 2017
Start reading here for the requirements your employer must meet and what they must do:

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPEMPLOYERS_SUPPORT.html

Also here:

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPEMPLOYERS_FORM.html
Thank you for the links.
When I joined the company I was hired as the "Jr. Web Developer. Just got promoted and given a promotion letter from HR with the job title "Web Developer". My question is do I need a newly revised job offer letter from HR that should have my new job title for OINP purpose? Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the links.
When I joined the company I was hired as the "Jr. Web Developer. Just got promoted and given a promotion letter from HR with the job title "Web Developer". My question is do I need a newly revised job offer letter from HR that should have my new job title for OINP purpose? Thanks
Yes - you need a revised letter. Also make sure you meet the minimum wage requirements.

ChipMark

Nov 15, 2017
I'm eligible to apply under the *Employer Job offer - International Students* stream. If I receive
a Notification of Interest which will give an additional 600 pts. My question is...Can't we just apply through EE which is faster than the paper-based application? Please advise