+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I gat PR??????

sasha008

Dec 11, 2012
I got married in 2011.My husband is Canadian and He sponsored me to come to Canada after 1 year I got my visa and caught my flight I met an Immigration officer At Pearson Airport he signed all the papers and I also signed papers in front of him he congratulated me of becoming permanent resident of Canada but suddenly when I was on my way he stopped me and took away all my papers and told me that my visa wasn't valid my husband had cancelled his sponsorship. Officer told me that I was not admissible to Canada and I was sent to detention centre.One of my Relative paid a bond and now I am out. Its a month has passed but case is still pending . My husband filed divorce against me he cheated me He didn't tell me about cancellation of sponsorship.I tried a lot to keep my marriage alive but nothing worked out.. He sold out his everything his house his car. He took away all my jewellery. Can you please guide me what should I do now? How can I get permanent Residency of Canada?Where should I go ?Can somebody help me please please

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm sorry for your situation.

Are you working with an immigration lawyer? If not, you should retain one immediately. This is not a do-it-yourself situation.

Your husband has the right to withdraw his sponsorship right up until the time you land. So from that perspective, I don't think there is anything you can do.

Obtaining PR through Humanitarian & Compassionate means might be an option (likely a very very slim chance). Once again, if this is something you want to pursue - hire a good lawyer.

Otherwise your options are to apply to immigrate independently as a skilled worker, through one of the provincial nominee programs, etc. Applying through one of these programs will not allow you to stay in Canada while the application is being processed.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sasha008 said:
I got married in 2011.My husband is Canadian and He sponsored me to come to Canada after 1 year I got my visa and caught my flight I met an Immigration officer At Pearson Airport he signed all the papers and I also signed papers in front of him he congratulated me of becoming permanent resident of Canada but suddenly when I was on my way he stopped me and took away all my papers and told me that my visa wasn't valid my husband had cancelled his sponsorship. Officer told me that I was not admissible to Canada and I was sent to detention centre.One of my Relative paid a bond and now I am out. Its a month has passed but case is still pending . My husband filed divorce against me he cheated me He didn't tell me about cancellation of sponsorship.I tried a lot to keep my marriage alive but nothing worked out.. He sold out his everything his house his car. He took away all my jewellery. Can you please guide me what should I do now? How can I get permanent Residency of Canada?Where should I go ?Can somebody help me please please
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your story, hope for you that you find a better person to start a life with.
However, if your husband cancelled the sponsorship before the visa was issued and the PR papers were taken away from you, I don't think there is much else to do. The reason why you were getting a PR is because you were married to your husband who agreed to sponsor you. If he withdrew the sponsorship, then you can not get a PR.
You could look at the possibility for immigrating to Canada through one of the provincial programs if you want to start a life in Canada.

I am not sure what else you can do to get help, maybe somebody with more experience will guide you.
best wishes,
Sweden

sasha008

Dec 11, 2012
Thank you so much scylla and sweden for your reply

As my Landing papers were signed by me and officer can I fight for this because once the papers signed means I am landed as Permanent Resident, Right? The officer even congratulated me of becoming Permanent Resident.

Right now I don't have Lawyer, Is it worth if I fight this case in court ?I am not working so its hard for me to afford a lawyer.I had quit my job before leaving India .

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
sasha008 said:
Thank you so much scylla and sweden for your reply

As my Landing papers were signed by me and officer can I fight for this because once the papers signed means I am landed as Permanent Resident, Right? The officer even congratulated me of becoming Permanent Resident.

Right now I don't have Lawyer, Is it worth if I fight this case in court ?I am not working so its hard for me to afford a lawyer.I had quit my job before leaving India .
Canada doesn't owe you anything. It's your husband who deceived you. It's him you should be seeking retribution from in your divorce settlement.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sasha008 said:
But then the officer realized your visa was no longer valid because your husband had canceled his sponsorship and your PR status was withdrawn. So based on the information you have provided - no, you are definitely not a PR.

You can fight to get PR on Humanitarian & Compassionate terms. But without the assistance good lawyer, I suspect your chances of succeeding are extremely low.

sasha008

Dec 11, 2012
Can I ask Canadian Immigration that why They had Issued me Visa If My husband had withdrawn his application. I wouldn't leave for Canada If I knew about cancellation of sponsorship.I paid for ticket ,bond and other expenses.They issued my visa by mistake because he had cancelled his sponsorship before issuance of my visa. please give me a hope I am very upset can I do something? I wanna fight divorce case form here because he has my jewelry of $12000 .

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
You just report to Police,CIC and your embassy (asking law assist ) about your husband sold your jewelery $ 12000 and cheated you.
You should use a lawyer , you can ask to Mr David Cohen who is an immigration lawyer and this website is created by him.

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
Am truly sorry for what happened to you. You did not specify when your husband cancelled so it can be after your visa was issued. I think you need to fight against your husband, rather than CIC.

benstu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
17-08-2012
File Transfer...
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
01-05-2012, re-med: 05-2014
Interview........
Letter:15-12-2012, Interview 04-2014
Passport Req..
25-05-2014, Submit Jun 4th through VFS DHAKA
VISA ISSUED...
July 4,2014
LANDED..........
Aug 3,2014
pretty it's cases like these that we have to suffer and wait for ever until we get reunited with our souses :mad:

Merlyns_Tim

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The question on my mind would be, what would cause a guy to cancel at the last moment, when we all go through so much trouble in the first place to bring our spouses over?
It was also mentioned that he canceled out before you left, so were you not talking every day so that you knew there was a problem between the two of you?

In any case it would be very distressing to get here only to find things are totally messed up, so he should have let you know somehow that he had changed his mind and was backing out, before you came.

sasha008

Dec 11, 2012
I know I should ask my husband rather than CIC. But both played a game with me. My husband said "I don't want you" after using me and CIC said "Its not valid visa" when I left my country and everything.

Why they issued visa when he had cancelled his sponsorship a month ago when the application was in process? Then why CIC has sent visa instead of rejecting it????

They both ruined my life now I am stuck in such a situation that I can't go back and I can't stay here more time so where should I go ? to the hell!!!

sasha008

Dec 11, 2012
Merlyns_Tim said:
The question on my mind would be, what would cause a guy to cancel at the last moment, when we all go through so much trouble in the first place to bring our spouses over?
It was also mentioned that he canceled out before you left, so where you not talking every day so that you knew there was a problem between the two of you?

In any case it would be very distressing to get here only to find things are totally messed up, so he should have let you know somehow that he had changed his mind and was backing out, before you came.

Yeah! he cancelled before I left but He never told me about this He was very happy that I got visa He never told me that he has changed his mind even I never thought that He can do this.

Merlyns_Tim

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sasha008 said:
Yeah! he cancelled before I left but He never told me about this He was very happy that I got visa He never told me that he has changed his mind even I never thought that He can do this.
Sorry to hear it and I hope things somehow work out ok for you.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Out of curiosity may i ask you few questions?if you dont mind answering?
Prior to flying to canada didnt you have any communication with your husband?
If not why did you fly to canada?
and who were you going to meet in canada if its not for your husband?

Your husband sponsored for you to be with him in canada. .something seems fishy to me.

Your husband didnt cheat you he has the right to withdraw the application anytime before you are granted PR. I dont get how and when he took your jewllery?

I think the only thing you can do now is go back where you come from :-X you seem too worried about your PR