+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I flagpole with expired status but valid TRV?

Asobhy

Feb 4, 2024
Hi, my husband came to Canada on a study permit and I had an OWP. After he graduated in October 2023, he applied for a PGWP for him and an OWP for me. His application was approved and he received his PGWP in January 2024 but I got refused because he didn’t include his job offer. I currently have no status in Canada because my work permit expired before the refusal decision, but I am within the 90 days given on the refusal letter. I stopped working once I got the refusal and I’m trying to get this done fast so I can go back to work. Online applications take about 3 months now and I read about some positive experiences in flagpoling to restore status and get new permits at a Canada/US border. I have a valid TRV so I was hoping to give this a try and worst case would be admitted as a visitor. Any advice?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, my husband came to Canada on a study permit and I had an OWP. After he graduated in October 2023, he applied for a PGWP for him and an OWP for me. His application was approved and he received his PGWP in January 2024 but I got refused because he didn’t include his job offer. I currently have no status in Canada because my work permit expired before the refusal decision, but I am within the 90 days given on the refusal letter. I stopped working once I got the refusal and I’m trying to get this done fast so I can go back to work. Online applications take about 3 months now and I read about some positive experiences in flagpoling to restore status and get new permits at a Canada/US border. I have a valid TRV so I was hoping to give this a try and worst case would be admitted as a visitor. Any advice?
Your spouse needs proof of employment and 3 pay stubs not just job offer. Does he have this?