+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I flagpole at Pearson Airport to get my first PGWP?

Agent_47_0

Jan 6, 2024
Hello everyone. I have successfully completed my program. I am from a visa-required country but I have a valid study permit and valid TRV. I am returning to Canada on an international flight from the UAE. I did not apply for a PGWP online yet. My question is: Can I flagpole to apply for my first PGWP at Pearson airport? Thanks!

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone. I have successfully completed my program. I am from a visa-required country but I have a valid study permit and valid TRV. I am returning to Canada on an international flight from the UAE. I did not apply for a PGWP online yet. My question is: Can I flagpole to apply for my first PGWP at Pearson airport? Thanks!
If you are returning to Canada from an international flight then that is not flagpoling. Flagpoling is when you go to a land border, cross and tell US officials you are flagpoling so you never enter the US. If you are from a visa required country, CBSA may not process a PGWP as you should be applying online. IRCC needs to process it. When did you finish your studies and when does your study permit expire?

Agent_47_0

Jan 6, 2024
If you are returning to Canada from an international flight then that is not flagpoling. Flagpoling is when you go to a land border, cross and tell US officials you are flagpoling so you never enter the US. If you are from a visa required country, CBSA may not process a PGWP as you should be applying online. IRCC needs to process it. When did you finish your studies and when does your study permit expire?
Thanks for the response. I finished my studies in December 2023. My study permit expires in 2025. But I guess it expires 90 days after my graduation.