+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I file for a PR card without living in Canada?

Suela

Sep 15, 2010
Good Afternoon, is it possible to start the filing process for PR if Im still living in the United States? I want to file for my husband and daughter as well. If that is possible, how long is that process?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Suela said:
Good Afternoon, is it possible to start the filing process for PR if Im still living in the United States? I want to file for my husband and daughter as well. If that is possible, how long is that process?
1. Yes, if you are a visitor in the US, you must have been admitted for 1 year to use the Buffalo as the visa office.
2. You should see if you have at least 1 years experience on the list of "28" http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list if you don't, you won't qualify unless you have worked or studied in Canada or have an Approved Employment Option from an employer in Canada.

Suela

Sep 15, 2010
Let me clarify this. I am a Citizen of the USA, living in USA. I want to immigrate to Canada with my family. My husband is actually a citizen of Jamaica though, living in Jamaica right now. Can I file for while still living in USA?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Suela said:
Let me clarify this. I am a Citizen of the USA, living in USA. I want to immigrate to Canada with my family. My husband is actually a citizen of Jamaica though, living in Jamaica right now. Can I file for while still living in USA?
Yes, if you qualify, go back and check out point #2. You have to qualify.

Suela

Sep 15, 2010
So lets say I worked in on of these federal skilled workers fields, how is this information verified. Or is it?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Suela said:
So lets say I worked in on of these federal skilled workers fields, how is this information verified. Or is it?
You really should read the instructions. You have to supply reference letters from your employers/previous employers outlining your job duties, salary, dates of employment etc.