+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I exploit the EE system with this method?

jester10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2020
Hi all,

I want to give a little background about my EE profile.
Education in India : 3 years Bachelors Degree given by WES
Education in Canada : 3 years Advanced Diploma
IELTS : 8,7,7,7 (the standard score)
NOC Code : A-2173 (4 yrs exp in India, none in Canada)
Current CRS Score : 492

As you know there has been no FSW draws this year but PNP draws are still being conducted. If I am somehow able to reduce my points, down to between 450-467, I could get OINP under HCP stream which would at least expedite the whole PR process. For that can I game the system in the following ways :

Purposely fail on IELTS :
I could try to reduce my score in one of the modules, say I get a 6.5 in Reading. That puts me at a CRS 440 giving better chance for EOI from Ontario as they have picked people at this score in the past, but never above 467.

Hide my Indian Education :
If I don't provide/upload the part of my Indian Education and its WES report, that would put me directly at CRS 462 which is exactly the range needed. Or am I doing something wrong by hiding information? I am just not claiming any points for a part of my education, is that legal?

Hide my Work Experience :
If I only get reference letter of 1 year from my recent employer, that again reduces the points and put me in the golden range. I was not able to get the other reference letters from my previous employers.

Is this really doable going by the current scenario or have I misunderstood the whole process?
What is the point for placing a maximum CRS cap in OINP/PNP?

Last edited:
Reactions: yellowparadise

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hi all,

As you know there has been no FSW draws this year but PNP draws are still being conducted. If I am somehow able to reduce my points, down to between 450-467, I could get OINP under HCP stream which would at least expedite the whole PR process. For that can I game the system in the following ways :

I could try to reduce my score in one of the modules, say I get a 6.5 in Reading. That puts me at a CRS 440 giving better chance for EOI from Ontario as they have picked people at this score in the past, but never above 467.

If I don't provide/upload the part of my Indian Education and its WES report, that would put me directly at CRS 462 which is exactly the range needed. Or am I doing something wrong by hiding information? I am just not claiming any points for a part of my education, is that legal?

If I only get reference letter of 1 year from my recent employer, that again reduces the points and put me in the golden range. I was not able to get the other reference letters from my previous employers.

Is this really doable going by the current scenario or have I misunderstood the whole process?
ofc Yes, dude you can manipulate the system and always be alert and ready to face any counter actions from the authorities if they suspect you for the manipulation.

jester10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2020
Hi dankboi, thank you for your reply.I am not trying to manipulate anything.

I am just not able to clear my language exam and it seems I require more practice.

I am also not able to send my Indian Education documents to WES, as my Indian University is closed due to Covid-19 restrictions.

Unfortunately, my Indian employer also refused to provide me the experience letter from my previous workplace. Instead of depending/waiting on him, I decided to move ahead with my PR application regardless and take the hit of reduced CRS points in my profile.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hi dankboi, thank you for your reply.I am not trying to manipulate anything.

I am just not able to clear my language exam and it seems I require more practice.

I am also not able to send my Indian Education documents to WES, as my Indian University is closed due to Covid-19 restrictions.

Unfortunately, my Indian employer also refused to provide me the experience letter from my previous workplace. Instead of depending/waiting on him, I decided to move ahead with my PR application regardless and take the hit of reduced CRS points in my profile.
These are your words right?
  1. For that can I game the system in the following ways :
  2. Purposely fail on IELTS
Maybe I am too dumb or amateur to understand English which made me think this is manipulation. It's fine if you think this plan is not wrong then this is not manipulation. You proceed this plan at your discretion. Good luck

jester10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2020
These are your words right?
  1. For that can I game the system in the following ways :
  2. Purposely fail on IELTS
Maybe I am too dumb or amateur to understand English which made me think this is manipulation. It's fine if you think this plan is not wrong then this is not manipulation. You proceed this plan at your discretion. Good luck
It's not that IRCC is going through this very forum and are going to hold the above statements against me.

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Even if you play down your score to get OINP HCP nomination, I don't think it could help you to secure PR card within next 2 years. From: an OINP HCP nominee with EE AOR December 2019.

Reactions: fridge03

jester10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2020
Even if you play down your score to get OINP HCP nomination, I don't think it could help you to secure PR card within next 2 years. From: an OINP HCP nominee with EE AOR December 2019.
No worries I can at least get the COPR. Even if I don't play down my score, it's not like FSW draw is going to happen any sooner.
The way I see it, it's either a COPR (by OINP) sitting at home or an endless wait through the FSW.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi all,

Not sure what you are getting at, but you can do all of the above.

The words used though are misleading - you are NOT gaming the system. You are NOT hiding your work ex or education. NOT claiming points or NOT revealing all edu/work ex does not equal gaming the system. It's up to you really because you get maximum points or you don't - I, for example, had two Master's degrees and one Bachelor's degree. I did NOT claim points for one of my Master's degree because I did NOT need to. This does not mean I gamed the system - simply means that what I had was enough for my end goal. Did I reveal in my application that I had this extra degree? I did, but it wasn't in my WES report. Simple.

Reactions: tuxarc

jester10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2020
Zagcollins you are right, the words I used were not totally appropriate for this situation but I only wanted to get my point across.

You did not claim points for Masters but still your intentions were true and genuine.
What I am talking about is deliberately not disclosing, misrepresenting, hiding information, <insert any synonym>, to reduce my CRS which is possible through many legit ways.

The reason I posted this publically is to make as many people aware as I can that such a loophole/grey-area exists in the system and is already being exploited. Otherwise I would have executed this silently.

I also agree with dankboi, the karma and future consequences for intentionally hiding information could be severe for your life. FSW will open by the end of July anyway so its worth the wait.

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
No worries I can at least get the COPR. Even if I don't play down my score, it's not like FSW draw is going to happen any sooner.
The way I see it, it's either a COPR (by OINP) sitting at home or an endless wait through the FSW.
FYI, several OINP HCP outland nominees in 2019 are still waiting for the final decision for their EE applications, including me. Currently, they're focusing on finalizing inland and applicants exempted from in-place travel restrictions.