+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I drop my visa with conditional offer letter ??

Nov 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

I applied for this September 2018 and I got a conditional offer letter from university of Calgary for masters program for this September 2018 intake.

Actually i am pursuing my final year so I didn't have final year marks memo and provisional certificate.
They told me to submit these certificates in sealed envelopes directly sent from my university.
They mentioned in conditional offer letter that i should submit these certificates on or before 27 August.
i will get them on or before august 27 so i can submit them.

But my question is can i go for visa for this September 2018 now with this conditional offer letter and course completion certificate.

I mailed to International student services of university of Calgary they suggested me if i choose to use conditional offer letter means they recommended me to provide an enrollment verification letter that i am enrolled as a full time student in their university and also an explanation letter stating when i will fulfill the conditions in offer letter.

Is there any problem for going to visa with this conditional offer letter, enrollment verification letter and explanation letter ? can i proceed with them ?

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
With all that being said, pls. note that visa processing time is close to 7 weeks.

Assuming, you plan to file under SDS to get visa in less than 45 days, but still you need to obtain GIC, pay 1 year Fees, do upfront medicals, and arrange other documents. All these activities are going to take time.

Hence, calculate the time you have in your hand. For Sep intake the visa applications filed in Aug will be rejected.

the_eye

Star Member
May 23, 2018
1) You need an unconditional offer letter for your Visa unless stated by the University that they do not issue one. In your case, you need it.

2) Defer your admission if it begins in September 2018 since clearly you can only apply for the Visa post your Unconditional offer letter.

3) SDS - 45 days. Regular - 7 weeks. No real difference. Differences is Online vs Offline and every application is case specific including time taken.

Hope this helps.