+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I dream a Canadian dream?!

Jayy

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People.. I've got a very confusing situation here. Hope someone's able to help.

Am I eligible for applying as a FSW with my following profile:

1. Age: 33
2. Completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering through Regular study in 2000. (No experience with any machines)
3. Started working as Graphic Designer since 2003. (12+ years experience and in a senior position right now)
4. Will be completing B.Sc Visual communication (Distance Education - Lateral Entry) April 2016 from Annamalai University.

What can I expect to be assessed as:

1. 12 years of experience with Three years of undergraduate study - For my B.Sc (This is what I yearn to be assessed as and could get me a good score).
2. 12 years of experience with One year diploma after secondary school - For my D.M.E (Score drops down drastically).
3. Not eligible because the experience I gained after D.M.E is irrelevant.
4. Not eligible because no experience after B.Sc.

More doubts to follow :p

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
I think the only thing you rally need is your B.sc.

Go on to the CIC website and check if you're eligible. They have a tool for that

www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll be assessed as #2 if you apply now.

No points for your bachelor degree until you actually complete it.

Jayy

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sincere thanks guys.. If I wait until April 2016 i.e. my B.Sc completion, I'll be assessed as 12 years of experience + three years of undergraduate study?!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Jayy said:
Sincere thanks guys.. If I wait until April 2016 i.e. my B.Sc completion, I'll be assessed as 12 years of experience + three years of undergraduate study?!
Assuming your school is recognized (you'll have to have your education formally assessed) and assuming your experience over those 12 years was full time and you can obtain the evidence to back that up - then yes.

Jayy

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WES do recognise the university in which I'm enrolled in. And all the 12 years, I worked a hectic full time (and over time ;)).

Obtaining the evidence in the required format should not be a difficult task, as I've always maintained a clean slate wherever I'd worked. Will be easy sailing through. (hopefully).

Watching the CRS score for ITA going down lately, my hopes have started flying high.

You made my day Scy. Thank you so much. :)

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Jayy said:
WES do recognise the university in which I'm enrolled in. And all the 12 years, I worked a hectic full time (and over time ;)).

Obtaining the evidence in the required format should not be a difficult task, as I've always maintained a clean slate wherever I'd worked. Will be easy sailing through. (hopefully).

Watching the CRS score for ITA going down lately, my hopes have started flying high.

You made my day Scy. Thank you so much. :)
But what's stopping you from creating your profile now and being in the pool? The points could reduce or you could get nominated by a province.

You never can tell.

And when you get your degree and ECA, you just update your profile ;D

Jayy

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You mean.. ECA for a D.M.E now and again when degree is obtained?

Also, IELTS preparation is going on. Bit skeptical about the band I'll fall in.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jayy said:
You mean.. ECA for a D.M.E now and again when degree is obtained?

Also, IELTS preparation is going on. Bit skeptical about the band I'll fall in.
One strategy is to get your diploma evaluated now, and take IELTS to see where you land. If a province is interested in you and you are willing to live there, you could potentially add 600 points to your score with a PNP and be assured of an invitation. Then update your profile after April by having your new degree evaluated, and work meanwhile to improve your English and retake the IELTS if your score the first time isn't as high as you'd like.

The point is that, assuming you qualify at all, an EE profile is a fluid thing, and your points can change as you add or improve qualifications.

The second strategy is, as Scylla said, to wait until you graduate, get your degree assessed at that time, take your IELTS, and sign up then. If you have more than 450 points total at that time, it shouldn't be long before you get an ITA. Good luck!