+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I do online high school diploma to get points towards Express entry?

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
I am 36 year old male living in canada in closed work permit, I need about 15 more points to get a score that would get me an ITA.

easiest option I have is to complete high school and get 25 or so points.

i am trying to find a way to complete high school diploma that can be WES certified. Thankfully I have the ability to travel and love anywhere in the world.

do I have any options? My work permit expires in sep 2024

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am 36 year old male living in canada in closed work permit, I need about 15 more points to get a score that would get me an ITA.

i am trying to find a way to complete high school diploma that can be WES certified. Thankfully I have the ability to travel and love anywhere in the world.

Do you have an EE profile now? You have no education? What does travel have to do with education?

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Do you have an EE profile now? You have no education? What does travel have to do with education?
I do have EE profile with score 458 and having high school diploma can boost is to 485+

reason I mentioned ability to travel is incase there is a country for which I can apply study permit and go do high school diploma there?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I do have EE profile with score 458 and having high school diploma can boost is to 485+

reason I mentioned ability to travel is incase there is a country for which I can apply study permit and go do high school diploma there?
But if you have an EE profile then you have an ECA for some sort of education. If you have a post secondary education, a high school diploma doesn't add points.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
You are going to have to search schools (US is probably best) and find out before hand if the school will be assessed by an ECA. No one is going to be able to tell you on this forum.

Still don’t understand how your score is so high without education.
I got to canada on a work permit to start my own business, after running a company for a year I applied for LMIA to renew my work permit. My LMIA came positive with 00 noc since my company now has employees and it’s doing well. So I get 200 points for having valid job offfer with 00 Noc

now on to my question, do you think there are schools in US where I can complete high school in few months?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got to canada on a work permit to start my own business, after running a company for a year I applied for LMIA to renew my work permit. My LMIA came positive with 00 noc since my company now has employees and it’s doing well. So I get 200 points for having valid job offfer with 00 Noc

now on to my question, do you think there are schools in US where I can complete high school in few months?
No one on this forum will be able to name a school. Most get ECAs for degrees and masters, and not high school diplomas.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Are you the one giving yourself a job offer at your own company? If so that can also be problematic.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Are you the one giving yourself a job offer at your own company? If so that can also be problematic.
The job offer to yourself isn’t a problem, just that your experience doesn’t count towards CEC. I have very qualified immigration consultants and lawyers that have confirmed this multiple times. Also when I got my original work permit and renewal, both times I was asked about details of job offer and clarified to IRCC that it’s my own company and they have no problem.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The job offer to yourself isn’t a problem, just that your experience doesn’t count towards CEC. I have very qualified immigration consultants and lawyers that have confirmed this multiple times. Also when I got my original work permit and renewal, both times I was asked about details of job offer and clarified to IRCC that it’s my own company and they have no problem.
IRCC has been more cautious when it comes to people offering themselves jobs at their own company in Canada because of people trying to exploit the system. Very dependent on things like how many employees are at the company, financial statements, etc.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
IRCC has been more cautious when it comes to people offering themselves jobs at their own company in Canada because of people trying to exploit the system. Very dependent on things like how many employees are at the company, financial statements, etc.
OP already obtained an approved LMIA for this and a work permit and is in Canada running the buisness. What you've mentioned above is not an issue.

garyblount

Jun 26, 2023

I think that I will have no problems with education, because I found a helpful site where they will always help me overcome difficulties with homework. Thanks to this, I will be able to maintain a balance of work and study. You can see for yourself by looking at their examples of essays on social issues.
You can explore online high school programs that offer accredited courses. Ensure that the program you choose is recognized by a reputable educational institution and can provide you with the necessary documentation to be certified by WES for Express Entry purposes.