+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I do Landing in Ontario but give Alberta address for mailing of PR card

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Hello,

Just wanted to hear from senior and people who have actually done this. Can I do my Landing in Toronto, Ontario but give Alberta address for mailing of PR card?

I will be coming back to my home country after completing my landing formalities. My acquaintance resides in Alberta but I am doing my landing in Toronto to explore job market there. So can I give give Alberta address for mailing of PR card at airport immigration. To me this looks like a very routine scenario but just wanted to hear what hear from people who have done this or know about it.

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
Hi,
Yes, it is a valid scenario. You can provide any address in Canada. I too did my landing in Toronto and gave an address in Alberta. Although I have not received the PR cards yet, but there have been no specific queries or issues regarding delivery address so far. Please ensure that the address is a residential address and not of someone who is working as an agent (visa / immigration agent). I was informed by a relative that in case your friend / relative is a listed agent, the card may not be delivered to that address.
They cannot verify the address during the landing procedure itself but they would verify when they send the PR Card.

Hope this helps.

julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
It doesn't matter as it has to be a physical Canadian address. The only exception is if your are a provincial nominee then that would be misrepresentation.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
knowAndShare said:
Hello,

Just wanted to hear from senior and people who have actually done this. Can I do my Landing in Toronto, Ontario but give Alberta address for mailing of PR card?

I will be coming back to my home country after completing my landing formalities. My acquaintance resides in Alberta but I am doing my landing in Toronto to explore job market there. So can I give give Alberta address for mailing of PR card at airport immigration. To me this looks like a very routine scenario but just wanted to hear what hear from people who have done this or know about it.
Are you an Alberta PNP nominee? if not, then it shouldn't be a problem.

julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
knowAndShare said:
Thanks for the confirmation guys! I am not a PNP nominee, so this should be all safe.
You should be good then!

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
You should be good then!
Hello
If planning for my Alberta provincial nominee landing next summer in 20200

Since it will be a long flight from home, would be a problem if i landed in Ontario for a few days and then moved to Alberta? would that be a misrepresentation?