+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I do Landing in Ontario but give Alberta address for mailing of PR card

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Hello,

Just wanted to hear from senior and people who have actually done this. Can I do my Landing in Toronto, Ontario but give Alberta address for mailing of PR card?

I will be coming back to my home country after completing my landing formalities. My acquaintance resides in Alberta but I am doing my landing in Toronto to explore job market there. So can I give give Alberta address for mailing of PR card at airport immigration. To me this looks like a very routine scenario but just wanted to hear what hear from people who have done this or know about it.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
As far as I know, the address you give to CBSA when doing your landing is supposed to be your personal address. However many people get away with giving a friend/family address since CBSA has no way to verify if the address you give is yours or not.

Landing in Ontario with no onward flight, and giving an Alberta address, may cause the CBSA officer to ask more questions. If they determine the address you're giving is just a friend of yours, they may tell you to delay applying for your PR card until you have your own permanent address.

So long story short, it depends on the CBSA officer you get and what they decide to do.