+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I do landing after mine work permit expires and bowp is in processing

nathan220

May 10, 2017
Hi All,

I have sent out my passport to the cic and waiting for it to come back.
However my work permit expires in 5 days and I have applied BOWP and it doesn't seem to going to make it on time.

So my question is : Can I do landing after I got my passport back even after my current work permit expires and my bowp is in progress ?

Thanks,

N

newtoexpressentry

Hi All,

However my work permit expires in 5 days and I have applied BOWP and it doesn't seem to going to make it on time.

So my question is : Can I do landing after I got my passport back even after my current work permit expires and my bowp is in progress ?

Thanks,
So u have PPR and u have sent passport for stamping is that correct. If u have PPR then u get a one entry immigrant visa which u use to enter canada after leaving(landing process)As long as u have this one time entry visa and CoPR document u should have no problem landing.

nathan220

May 10, 2017
So u have PPR and u have sent passport for stamping is that correct. If u have PPR then u get a one entry immigrant visa which u use to enter canada after leaving(landing process)As long as u have this one time entry visa and CoPR document u should have no problem landing.
Awesome. Thanks for replying back to me.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi All,

Thanks,
You can land, but you should bring along proof of implied status in Canada
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22

Reactions: lossada

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Hi All,

Thanks,
When did you send your passport? you will receive it back in 3-5 weeks
When did you apply for the extension? now is 112 days waiting time
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

if you apply for a work permit extension before it expire, you are in implied status.
You can land with the extension process in progress.
you have to take with you at landing:
**proof of implied status (if you applied to extend your stay before it ended). Proof of this status may include:
  • payment receipt,
  • copy of your application to extend your stay,
  • printout of online application, or
  • proof of mailing.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22