+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I come under OINP and work for an employer located outside Ontario?

rajatkhare

Dec 2, 2018
If I move to Canada with OINP, I understand I need to stay in Ontario, but can I work in a company based outside of Ontario (remotely)? Will there be any issues later with my citizenship application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If I move to Canada with OINP, I understand I need to stay in Ontario, but can I work in a company based outside of Ontario (remotely)? Will there be any issues later with my citizenship application?
You don’t have to stay in Ontario. You have to intend on living in Ontario. Once you come to Ontario you can move elsewhere in Canada.

rajatkhare

Dec 2, 2018
You don’t have to stay in Ontario. You have to intend on living in Ontario. Once you come to Ontario you can move elsewhere in Canada.
I read that this may cause issues later with citizenship applications as they may say I didn't put effort in living in Ontario. Anyway, I don't intend to move out, I just want to work a remote job in another province while living there.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I read that this may cause issues later with citizenship applications as they may say I didn't put effort in living in Ontario. Anyway, I don't intend to move out, I just want to work a remote job in another province while living there.
When landing if it is discovered that you plan on working for an employer outside of Ontario that could be an issue.

Reactions: rajatkhare

jongore

Feb 22, 2023
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is designed to attract skilled workers to Ontario and nominate them for permanent residence in Canada. If you are nominated by the OINP, you are expected to reside and work in Ontario.

However, there are no specific rules that prohibit you from working for an employer located outside Ontario while holding an OINP nomination. Nevertheless, it is important to note that your nomination is based on your intent to settle in Ontario, and your ability to demonstrate that you are committed to settling and integrating into the province's labor market is a key factor in your eligibility for nomination.

Reactions: rajatkhare

mirzanadeem

Star Member
Feb 15, 2023
pakstan
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
1986 04 04
rapply sir

mirzanadeem

Star Member
Feb 15, 2023
pakstan
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
1986 04 04
s
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is designed to attract skilled workers to Ontario and nominate them for permanent residence in Canada. If you are nominated by the OINP, you are expected to reside and work in Ontario.

However, there are no specific rules that prohibit you from working for an employer located outside Ontario while holding an OINP nomination. Nevertheless, it is important to note that your nomination is based on your intent to settle in Ontario, and your ability to demonstrate that you are committed to settling and integrating into the province's labor market is a key factor in your eligibility for nomination.
o thankxxxx sir