+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i come back to canada with my valid work permit?

cpaet10

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
hi folks, just have question here, I'm going to US for a week and i already have US visa but when i come back here in canada do i need canada visa too? i heard that if your just going to US you can come back with just valid work permit. Can someone clarify this to me pls????

bing1978

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hi, in my understanding,If you're a worker and if you are a citizen of visa exempt countries you don't need to have a entry visa, just the work visa.But if you're a citizen from countries that needs temporary resident visa/entry visa, you have to have a valid entry visa/trv and a valid working permit to re enter canada. Hope this will help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bing1978 said:
Hi, in my understanding,If you're a worker and if you are a citizen of visa exempt countries you don't need to have a entry visa, just the work visa.But if you're a citizen from countries that needs temporary resident visa/entry visa, you have to have a valid entry visa/trv and a valid working permit to re enter canada. Hope this will help.
1. Not correct. As long as the OP only visits the US and St. Pierre et Miquelon and returns within the validity of his/her work permit, then s/he doesn't require a new TRV.

bing1978

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
PMM said:
Hi

1. Not correct. As long as the OP only visits the US and St. Pierre et Miquelon and returns within the validity of his/her work permit, then s/he doesn't require a new TRV.
thank you for correcting me, but as i have mentioned that is what i understand.thank you