+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i change my UAE or UK driving license in tronto

livefaisal

Mar 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am from pakistan currently living in Dubai and moving to tronto in May. I have UAE and UK driving license as i was living in UK before comming to Dubai. I just want to know can i change my UAE or UK license to canada license easily or i have to go through long procedure.

Please reply me if anyone has any information.

Siawo

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
May 12, 2009
AOR Received.
May 20, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 1, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18. 2010
Faisal, check out this link it might help you http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/OutOfCountryDrivers.aspx

From what I understand for you to get a Onrario driving licence you must present you UAE license with a written authentication of your driving experience from the licence issuing authotities i.e. Moroor.

Siawo

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
May 12, 2009
AOR Received.
May 20, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 1, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18. 2010
Also check out Qurox's posting here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/issue-with-ontario-drivers-licence-strike-t30236.0.html

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you have a UK drivers license, you can exchange without taking an exam, see http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/ExchangeReciprocal.aspx

meldxb

Jan 22, 2012
Anybody getting a RTA Driving Experience e-certificate from Dubai, U.A.E please be aware that Drive Test will not honour the PDF document that RTA issues as it does not contain a signature or printed on a letterhead.
I faced this problem and to make matters worse I sent the RTA Certificate along with the original driving license to the UAE Embassy in Ottawa for attestation and it was rejected once again for no signature.

How frustrating that even the UAE Embassy does not recognize a document issued by their own roads & transport authority in the UAE. The e-certificate clearly states that a signature was not required and it can be validated online with the driving license.

To add insult to injury they tell me to go back to Dubai and get a signature.

Did anyone from Dubai get a actual driving experience letter that is different from the E-certificate?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
hi meldxb, sorry to ask but if the license is issued let's say 5 years ago won't that imply that u have 5 years of driving experience? why would u need the letter too ::)

thank u for the tip but u know how things r in UAE - if they do it in one way it is very hard to make them change their mind ::) it would b really bad to travel 1/2 of the world for a signature especially when it's not at all an easy place to travel (visa requirements, etc)

the problems u r facing r in which province, ontario?

thank u and good luck!! :)

meldxb

Jan 22, 2012
missmini said:
hi meldxb, sorry to ask but if the license is issued let's say 5 years ago won't that imply that u have 5 years of driving experience? why would u need the letter too ::)

thank u for the tip but u know how things r in UAE - if they do it in one way it is very hard to make them change their mind ::) it would b really bad to travel 1/2 of the world for a signature especially when it's not at all an easy place to travel (visa requirements, etc)

the problems u r facing r in which province, ontario?

thank u and good luck!! :)
Hi Missmini
This is in Ontario. Well the UAE website says that you need the validation letter from the Roads & Transport Authority in Dubai along with the original license. While this is their requirement the E-certificate states that a signature is not required since these details could be validated online.

The UAE embassy as a higher authority still would not attest this certificate, I am amazed. What is the point of having an embassy that cannot help certifying their own government issued document? I had a long chat with one of their staff in Ottawa but no solution was offered except to fly back to Dubai and get a signature. There is no such thing as negotiating with the Arabs!!!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
meldxb said:
Hi Missmini
This is in Ontario. Well the UAE website says that you need the validation letter from the Roads & Transport Authority in Dubai along with the original license. While this is their requirement the E-certificate states that a signature is not required since these details could be validated online.

The UAE embassy as a higher authority still would not attest this certificate, I am amazed. What is the point of having an embassy that cannot help certifying their own government issued document? I had a long chat with one of their staff in Ottawa but no solution was offered except to fly back to Dubai and get a signature. There is no such thing as negotiating with the Arabs!!!
loool that's so true!!! when they put no in front, then it will never b change; although if u do know somebody who knows somebody else it could work; do u have anyody close in Dubai who could go in ur name (maybe with power of attorney) and get the document again? ::) just wondering, not sure it would work

also, Canadians in general r pretty understanding if u insist that this is what u have (only e-certificate) which cannot b attested and cannot b signed; maybe the driving license itsself would b enough!!!

anyway really thank u for sharing i guess i need to make sure what Quebec wants and get them the way they want before we leave; there's no way that we'll come back here for that

keep us updated and good luck!!

meldxb

Jan 22, 2012
missmini said:
loool that's so true!!! when they put no in front, then it will never b change; although if u do know somebody who knows somebody else it could work; do u have anyody close in Dubai who could go in ur name (maybe with power of attorney) and get the document again? ::) just wondering, not sure it would work

also, Canadians in general r pretty understanding if u insist that this is what u have (only e-certificate) which cannot b attested and cannot b signed; maybe the driving license itsself would b enough!!!

anyway really thank u for sharing i guess i need to make sure what Quebec wants and get them the way they want before we leave; there's no way that we'll come back here for that

keep us updated and good luck!!

The plot thickens!!! I received an email from the RTA and this is what they had to say.

Thank you for contacting Roads and Transport Authority.
Further to your query, please be advised that in the mean time kindly send the documents to foreign affairs office in Dubai with anyone to get it attested and resend it to you in Canada. W
We are going to send a letter to foreign affairs office to make sure they are aware of new certificate.

Should you require any further assistance or clarification, please don't hesitate to contact us via email at ask@rta.ae or call us on 800 9090 and one of our Customer Service Representatives will be happy to assist you.

They have not informed nor coordinated their embassies and consulates before rolling out new documents. I should not be surprised, besides what is the assurance that they will even accept the document after attestation. Their slogan is like do it now and plan later.
I for sure have given up and will go ahead and pursue the normal G1, G2 and G steps in getting my license and I am pretty sure I will save considerable time and money and without the frustration.