+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i change my my Uni(to another province) after going to Canada?

bbasiit

Aug 25, 2015
Hello, I am accepted at University of Regina, i applied for Study visa in May online and got Medical Call but did not receive Passport back yet! I am planning to apply at University of Calgary in Alberta.
So i want to know can i study at University of Calgary on this Study Permit? which is given to me on the basis of acceptance from Uni of Regina, in Saskatchewan?
Or i have to apply again totally from Start in Embassy?

Rizy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 November 2015
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
11 November 2015
Med's Request
17 November 2015
Med's Done....
26 November 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
16 december 2015
LANDED..........
17 january 2016
Yes you can change because Canadian embassy didn't write university or collage name on your study permit but I if you paid advance semester fee then you face problem to refund

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
bbasiit said:
Hello, I am accepted at University of Regina, i applied for Study visa in May online and got Medical Call but did not receive Passport back yet! I am planning to apply at University of Calgary in Alberta.
So i want to know can i study at University of Calgary on this Study Permit? which is given to me on the basis of acceptance from Uni of Regina, in Saskatchewan?
Or i have to apply again totally from Start in Embassy?
"If you are thinking about changing your institution or your program, you need to make sure that you meet the conditions of your study permit on an ongoing basis. This includes the requirements to be enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI) and to be actively pursuing your studies while you are in Canada.
Changing institution at the post-secondary level

If you applied for a study permit to attend a post-secondary institution after June 1, 2014, you must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) via your MyCIC account every time you change institutions. You are not required to apply for a new study permit when changing institutions that are at the same level of study (e.g., from a college to a university).

For example, you must notify CIC if you submit a letter of acceptance from the University of Ottawa when you apply for your study permit but then transfer to Carleton University once you arrive in Canada.

You are not required to notify CIC when you change institution if:

you applied for a study permit prior to June 1, 2014;
you were issued a study permit to attend an institution at the primary or secondary level; or
you obtained a study permit as the family member of a study or work permit holder (i.e., you were not required to submit a letter of acceptance when applying for a study permit)."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

bbasiit

Aug 25, 2015
mead said:
"If you are thinking about changing your institution or your program, you need to make sure that you meet the conditions of your study permit on an ongoing basis. This includes the requirements to be enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI) and to be actively pursuing your studies while you are in Canada.
Changing institution at the post-secondary level

If you applied for a study permit to attend a post-secondary institution after June 1, 2014, you must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) via your MyCIC account every time you change institutions. You are not required to apply for a new study permit when changing institutions that are at the same level of study (e.g., from a college to a university).

For example, you must notify CIC if you submit a letter of acceptance from the University of Ottawa when you apply for your study permit but then transfer to Carleton University once you arrive in Canada.

You are not required to notify CIC when you change institution if:

you applied for a study permit prior to June 1, 2014;
you were issued a study permit to attend an institution at the primary or secondary level; or
you obtained a study permit as the family member of a study or work permit holder (i.e., you were not required to submit a letter of acceptance when applying for a study permit)."
Thats an awesome and most helpful reply, Thanks :)