+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I change my Martial status after I got ITA?

ravtejhundal

May 10, 2017
While applied in Express entry pool m single or unmarried .now m invited for for or Bt now m married n I also want to move Canada with my spouse .. what should I do ?

Last edited:

prkartik

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2017
LANDED..........
26-07-2017
Hi
You have to include your spouse in your eapr and recalculate your CRS.it's clearly mentioned in your ITA.please read it

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After getting married, you absolutely must include your wife on your application. There is no way around that except divorcing her again.

I can tell you what happens if you don't. If you continue your application now as a single person, you are actually committing misrepresentation to immigration because you are no longer single, you are married. Likely they will not find out about this right away. However, it will come out at some point, at the latest once you are PR and in Canada and want to sponsor your wife. At that point, immigration will find out and you have a high risk of losing your PR. Even if they let you keep your PR, you will be forever barred from sponsoring the wife that you did not tell them about. I am not trying to scare you. This is the truth. Those are the rules. Ask anybody else and they will tell you the same.

neha986

Dec 26, 2016
India
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
Hi,

I am married and just got my ITA on 19 Apr, things are not going nice and we might get legally separated soon.
I have started arranging my docs, now I have following queries:

What would be a better option to
a) Decline the invite now and file as Single with Legally separated document.
b) Should I mark him as Non Accompanying, and later on provide Legal separation doc.

What would be the impact on my file on both cases.

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you include him as non accompanying, they will still want his medicals and background checks but it's a good way if you are not sure yet if you are heading for divorce. You could still provide separation documents later on. If you know at this point that you are heading for divorce, you might as well do the legal separation and try to get him removed from your application. However, keep in mind that if you get him removed from your application and he doesn't get medicals and background checks and later you get your PR and then reconcile, you will not be able to sponsor him based on that you got him removed from your file and he was not examined.

anup_abc

Star Member
May 16, 2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2017
If you include him as non accompanying, they will still want his medicals and background checks but it's a good way if you are not sure yet if you are heading for divorce. You could still provide separation documents later on. If you know at this point that you are heading for divorce, you might as well do the legal separation and try to get him removed from your application. However, keep in mind that if you get him removed from your application and he doesn't get medicals and background checks and later you get your PR and then reconcile, you will not be able to sponsor him based on that you got him removed from your file and he was not examined.
BG Changed to In progress 24 days ago.... what's your view on this???? When can i expect the final outcome???

Jun 13, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have 417 points. got an invitation(ITA) on apr 19th and lowest crs score on the day is 415.
Submitted my application on may 7th
medical pass on june 7th.

Plan 1:
I am planning to get married in next 2 months. Once i have marriage certificate, if i link my wife application, will they recalculate my points??

or

Plan 2:

Should i wait until i got my PR and then apply through spouse sponsorship program? If i apply, since processing time is almost 9-12 months. should i able apply work permit for spouse? She already have visiting visa to canada.

Or someone please suggest me any better plan.

-Thanks