+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i change employer after getting BOWP?

indiabull

Oct 10, 2018
canada
Category........
NOC Code......
I have applied for pr in jan 2019 and my closed work permit is expiring in may2019,so i would apply for bowp and if i do get it,have two questions - 1) can i change my job and secondly 2) will it impact by pr application in any way?

canvan14

May 8, 2014
I have applied for pr in jan 2019 and my closed work permit is expiring in may2019,so i would apply for bowp and if i do get it,have two questions - 1) can i change my job and secondly 2) will it impact by pr application in any way?
1) Check the employer condition once you get your BOWP, if it says open then you shouldn't have any issues switching employers. It is called an open work permit for a reason.
2) I did the same thing, applied for BOWP while waiting for PR and had no issues. In the end, it is to ensure we are never out of status while awaiting for the final decision on our PR application. I wrote that as my reason in the BOWP application.

indiabull

Oct 10, 2018
canada
Category........
NOC Code......
1) Check the employer condition once you get your BOWP, if it says open then you shouldn't have any issues switching employers. It is called an open work permit for a reason.
2) I did the same thing, applied for BOWP while waiting for PR and had no issues. In the end, it is to ensure we are never out of status while awaiting for the final decision on our PR application. I wrote that as my reason in the BOWP application.
Thanks for the reply mate. Reg point 2,my question was since i have claimed 50 points for offer letter say with emp1,if i change my employer say emp2 after getting bowp, will it affect my pr application regarding the 50 points from emp1. Pls reply.

Ansh_D

Feb 24, 2019
Hey Mate- Did you get an answer for your Question 1? I am in same boat, and want to switch employer while on implied status for BOWP (AOR- March 5)...