+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I cancel Online application for Visitor VISA and reapply in person at LA

subhrnsupani

Mar 27, 2013
I applied online and uploaded all scanned documents without knowing the processing time. I now realise that the processing time for inprocess application in Los Angeles is much lesser. Can I reapply to Los Angeles consulate either with or without cancelling the online request.

I am planning to travel on 20th April to Toronto.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Why would you do that? Priority is given to applications submitted online.

If you submit your application in person it will take longer than if you submit online.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/los_angeles/visas/apply-how_a_demande-comment.aspx?view=d

subhrnsupani

Mar 27, 2013
As per the processing times given in the website Los Angeles is 15 days and the Online processing time is 52 days.

veb1

Mar 12, 2013
Folks Let me clarify. I was in the same boat. My Friend applied by mail drop - took abt 4 weeks to get passports back. I applied online - took 4 weeks for passport request (March 5/ March 27). Not much difference. Unless u r in LA or NY, not worth taking the extra effort to cancel and re-apply in person. The 52 day time is for IN-CANADA applicants, not US applicants.

subhrnsupani

Mar 27, 2013
Thanks a lot for responding veb1. I am in LA right now is it worth applying in person. I have to travel on Apr 20th. I applied on March 15th

veb1

Mar 12, 2013
Since u applied on 3/15, I suggest u wait for the passport request email in ur MyCIC account (another 10 days) and then perhaps go to the canada consulate with ur passport and the passport request letter and tell them ur urgency. If u r able to convince them, then maybe they will process it in a day or two. I think this is ur best option instead of cancelling and starting all over again. But it may not even come this far as I noticed LA consulate is processing the passports in abt 3-4 days.
Good luck!

subhrnsupani

Mar 27, 2013
Thanks a lot Again. I am still not clear about the process. I was thinking they will ask me to send the passport to Ottawa. When we apply online where does the passport go to LA (Local Office) or Ottawa. I know LA turnaround time is 1 week for in person application, and thats why I am tempted to abort this online uncertainty and go and apply in person this week itself.

All fingers crossed, I should have read this blog before applying online.