+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I cancel an online application?

dgzvd

Aug 20, 2013
Hello everyone!

I am a temporary resident in Vancouver who holds a work and study visa. Last week I applied for a visitors visa to my Mom since she is planning to visit me on Christmas. I collected all the documents, filled the forms and and sent them all online.
I couldn't count on her help because she's not used to anything related to computers, that means she's unable to do it herself.
Now it's been one week and no response, I already predicted that it would take a time, however, now I wonder whether I did it wrong because I applied for it WITHIN CANADA.

Also, I've read that visitors visa takes up to 60 business days to be approved, and she still would have to send her passport, so I'm afraid she won't get in hand in time, especially because of the ongoing strike.

Now I guess she'd better apply for it in person in one of Brazil's offices.

So, my question is - Am I able to cancel the application by now? Even more - Can I ask for a refund since it hasn't been processed yet?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Douglas

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dgzvd, why do you think you did "within Canada" application? Online applicatin is not within Canada application as long as you correctly indicated your mother lives overseas. And no, I haven't heard of any TRV taking 60 days. My advice to you is not to cancel.

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
agree with O_guy
do not cancel application, I believe you will get a decision within a month.
And I did apply on behalf of my mom, lives in Bangladesh and I am in Toronto.
It will initially work on( I believe in Ottawa or anywhere centralized, I might be wrong) and what ever the decision will be, you will get in your (hers) myCIC account. Hope this helps.

sydney223

Aug 20, 2013
Hi dgzvd,

I am trying to choose between online application and mail.
I I thought online apploications would be faster (especially with the strike !!)
But it seems at least in some countries, mail/ VAC applications are faster!!

Any one with a different experience?

dgzvd

Aug 20, 2013
Thanks for the hel, guys! I appreciate it.

So I thought the visa could be refused because I applied for it within Canada although she lives overseas.
It's been 2 weeks and I'm waiting to hear from them. I'll let you guys know whether it was approved.

sydney223,
I do find the online application easier.
I don't see any reasons why you should try the paper application.

dgzvd

Aug 20, 2013
So they just sent me an email saying that the visa has been approved.
Now she's got to send it and that's it.

I applied for it on August 13th, so the whole application took about 3 weeks.

deebee

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Hi everyone ...

i am in Winnipeg on student visa planning to bring my wife here. And as i have just reached here last month non of the representatives are ready to help us as they are quite sure abt visa rejection . However we are gonna try our luck . Whic method wud u all suggest .. Online or paper . If so which wud be better.. me applying from here or she applying from India ????

awaiting advises