+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I buy a home immediately?

ExpressoEntry

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Hello everyone!

I did my soft landing last year and plan to move to Canada in a couple of weeks. I have been living in the us for over 12 years and have excellent credit score here. I will also be able to put easily above 35 percent downpayment
.also my company is transferring me to Canada so I will have a job from day 1. I have been working with this same company in the is for over 8 years..so given all these factors would be able to get a mortgage immiditely after I move or do I have to wait for some time to qualify for mortgages ? If so , how long ?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello everyone!

I did my soft landing last year and plan to move to Canada in a couple of weeks. I have been living in the us for over 12 years and have excellent credit score here. I will also be able to put easily above 35 percent downpayment
.also my company is transferring me to Canada so I will have a job from day 1. I have been working with this same company in the is for over 8 years..so given all these factors would be able to get a mortgage immiditely after I move or do I have to wait for some time to qualify for mortgages ? If so , how long ?
You want to research whether or not your credit score will mean anything to anyone in Canada.
Sometimes you gotta start from scratch in building a new score
Different countries , different metrics in determining scores

Reactions: foodie69
Jul 12, 2021
Hello everyone!

CIBC has a mortgage product where they pull US credit score and get you the mortgage . I dont think there should be any problem if you have 35 % down No Wait is required as you have to job in Canada .A good Mortgage advisor will be able to handle . Good luck

ExpressoEntry

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
CIBC has a mortgage product where they pull US credit score and get you the mortgage . I dont think there should be any problem if you have 35 % down No Wait is required as you have to job in Canada .A good Mortgage advisor will be able to handle . Good luck
Thank you!

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hello everyone!

Many lenders should be able to pull your us credit report to lend you something, especially when you are planning to give 35% down. Best still call up a mortgage broker or a lender to check on documentation required

Reactions: ExpressoEntry

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hello everyone!

Hi ! I bought my house with 20%down payment..I had similar case like you.I bought it within 4 months of moving.one of my friend bought within 1 month of moving.So it’s doable..saves rent.if u r sure about buying a house suggest u to start searching from usa only and can buy within 1 month of moving so that u dnt have to shift again.

Reactions: ExpressoEntry

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi ! I bought my house with 20%down payment..I had similar case like you.I bought it within 4 months of moving.one of my friend bought within 1 month of moving.So it’s doable..saves rent.if u r sure about buying a house suggest u to start searching from usa only and can buy within 1 month of moving so that u dnt have to shift again.
If it involves a mortgage, the only one able to answer that is a bank .

And in some cases your American credit score means nothing

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If it involves a mortgage, the only one able to answer that is a bank .

And in some cases your American credit score means nothing
Well yes this is sort of true - but there are mortgage brokers and other solutions.

Short answer is (imo) with 35% down, that's a 'fog the mirror' loan - if the borrower is alive, somebody will lend the money, the rest is how much it might cost.

But silly to discuss in general, realtors, bankers, brokers and the like will take the details and see what they can do.

RebeccaK

Sep 30, 2021
You want to research whether or not your credit score will mean anything to anyone in Canada.
Sometimes you gotta start from scratch in building a new score
Different countries , different metrics in determining scores
Hi - did you find help for buying a new home and the mortgage? I am Realtor and partner with CIBC to help newcomers.