+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I bring my spouse to canada if I got an offer for a one year PG diploma

futureplanner

Nov 3, 2014
Hi,
Please clarify on whether I can bring my wife to canada with a workpermit if I got offer from a college for a 1 year PG diploma program.

My Profile goes here

Education

B.E - 70 % passed in .2007 (course was completed in 2006) with total of around 13 backlogs during the studies

working from 2006-2008
PGDM - Marketing and HR (2009-11)

Now working as a business analyst/consultant with an MNC in India.

Recently I gave my IELTS in academics and got the below scores with out any preparations

Listening - 6
Reading - 6
Writing-6.5
Speaking -7.5

overall 6.5

I got an offer from a college for PG diploma in project management.

======================================
I would like to get some help from you guys on one thing , suppose if I take the above course will I be able to manage a work visa for my spouse to take her to CANADA during my tenure ....

Many Thanks

steyn007

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
i think your backlogs will affect your application for study permit..
heard that vo will approve applicants having upto 7 backlogs in case of b.tech/b.e
this was my personal knowledge & sorry if there is any mistake in this :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your spouse can certainly apply for an open work permit based on your study permit - however there is no guarantee this work permit will be approved.

reallynewbie

Dec 11, 2014
futureplanner said:
Thank you both.

So I will try applying for my visa alone first, based on the chances I will proceed.

Thanks
I've seen people going to canada on study visa and then they apply for their spouses. So, according to me, you are taking a smart decision to try for yourself first, go there, set yourself up and then apply for your partner.

--
reallynewbie

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
reallynewbie said:
I've seen people going to canada on study visa and then they apply for their spouses. So, according to me, you are taking a smart decision to try for yourself first, go there, set yourself up and then apply for your partner.

--
reallynewbie
I have been from same situation. I have a wife and kid back home (Pakistan) and everybody advised me to apply alone, because that shows strong ties to home country and VO is confirmed that you will return back. So I applied and got visa, but now I have applied for my wife visa 2 times, and both times, it was rejected! So I would advise you apply together, study permit for yourself and open work permit for your wife, if luck is with you, you both may get it at same time. But keep in mind that you will need lots of resources here to live, atleast $1000 to $1500 per month (rent + groceries).
so
Best of luck...

reallynewbie

Dec 11, 2014
b4ahmad said:
I have been from same situation. I have a wife and kid back home (Pakistan) and everybody advised me to apply alone, because that shows strong ties to home country and VO is confirmed that you will return back. So I applied and got visa, but now I have applied for my wife visa 2 times, and both times, it was rejected! So I would advise you apply together, study permit for yourself and open work permit for your wife, if luck is with you, you both may get it at same time. But keep in mind that you will need lots of resources here to live, atleast $1000 to $1500 per month (rent + groceries).
so
Best of luck...
You are right! That is common also. It is a kind of hit and miss thing.

--
reallynewbie

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
scylla said:
Your spouse can certainly apply for an open work permit based on your study permit - however there is no guarantee this work permit will be approved.
[/quote

Any one here got OWP with spouse student visa recently

futureplanner

Nov 3, 2014
Thanks friends

I think its better to apply along with my spouses visa.

Do you think I can apply for migration program with my current qualifications.

Kasimbadri

Sep 7, 2020
so
Best of luck...
Hello Brother,

I am in the same situation right now.. Can you update your status? Have you got your Wife's work permit now? and how did you get it?