+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i bring my in canada while studying undergradute program?

Oct 7, 2020
I want to apply in canada for my undergradute study. I am married. Can i bring my husband with me or later after i reach canada?

Note : undergrade study. not post graduate

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
theres nothing mentioned that undergrade student's spouse can get owp !!

Oct 7, 2020
so theres no restriction for undergrade studnt to bring spouse ? great

by the way i am 17 but married my husband is 25 . will my age create any problem as im below 18 ?

Oct 7, 2020

by the way i am 17 but married my husband is 25 . will my age create any problem as im below 18 ?

Petita

Aug 30, 2019
Your spouse or common-law partner may be eligible for an open work permit if you:
  • have a valid study permit and
  • are a full-time student at one of these types of schools:
    • a public post-secondary school, such as a college or university, or CEGEP in Quebec
    • a private college-level school in Quebec
    • a Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law (for example, Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree)
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/help-your-spouse-common-law-partner-work-canada.html

Requirements: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5487-applying-work-permit-outside-canada.html#5487E3

Oct 7, 2020
Your spouse or common-law partner may be eligible for an open work permit if you:
  • have a valid study permit and
  • are a full-time student at one of these types of schools:
    • a public post-secondary school, such as a college or university, or CEGEP in Quebec
    • a private college-level school in Quebec
    • a Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law (for example, Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree)
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/help-your-spouse-common-law-partner-work-canada.html

Requirements: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5487-applying-work-permit-outside-canada.html#5487E3
great as i menationed im 17 . will my age create any problem ?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Be aware that most provinces will consider you a minor, so you'll need a guardian to sign for you.
Not sure if being married overrides the fact that you are a minor though.

For your husband to get the SOWP, the VO needs to be convinced your marriage is genuine (i.e be married at least 1 year with proof of living together).

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Keep in mind it may not be legally considered a marriage under Canadian law if one partner is under 18.
Does their marriage legality need to be considered from a Canadian law perspective though? If the marriage is legal from their home country, with proof, can the law of Canada disprove or annul it. They were not married in Canada...?

Reactions: ayesha_llk2

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I want to apply in canada for my undergradute study. I am married. Can i bring my husband with me or later after i reach canada?

Note : undergrade study. not post graduate
He can apply for an open work permit however approval is not guaranteed. So it's possible he may be able to come with you and also possible he will be refused and you will have to come alone.

Reactions: canuck78 and YVR123

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020

I am personally an undergrad but I applied with my husband. Our marriage is shorter than a year, but we did hold corresponding wife and husband student visas while I studied in the US (F1 and F2). Can't say anything about an age, I am 22 and my husband is almost 28.
Keep in mind, you will either both get approved or both get refused. And this is good news since you guys won't be separated. I would honestly raise a webform, but I know for sure your husband should be able to accompany you.