Osothermal

Nov 26, 2019
Jos,Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Yes
Top of the day to everyone here. I'm married with a 1year old son,and we reside in Jos, plateau state, Nigeria. We've been experiencing series of Religious crisis . please I want to know if I apply for a visit visa and I'm granted one. Can I apply for asylum when I get to Canada? please I need answers to know what to do. Thanks in anticipation of your contributions.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Top of the day to everyone here. I'm married with a 1year old son,and we reside in Jos, plateau state, Nigeria. We've been experiencing series of Religious crisis . please I want to know if I apply for a visit visa and I'm granted one. Can I apply for asylum when I get to Canada? please I need answers to know what to do. Thanks in anticipation of your contributions.
Yes - you can claim asylum when you arrive in Canada.

To be approved for a visitor visa, you will need to show very strong ties to your home country to prove you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

Osothermal

Nov 26, 2019
Jos,Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Yes
Yes - you can claim asylum when you arrive in Canada.

To be approved for a visitor visa, you will need to show very strong ties to your home country to prove you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.
Thanks for your prompt response.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should be aware that you need to show that you have moved to a different location within your country to seek safety. If you have not done this there is a good chance that you will be denied asylum.

Osothermal

Nov 26, 2019
Jos,Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Yes
Thank you Canuck78, my case is that I'm presently working in that hostile environment and can't get a job in other locations in my country. Do I have a chance ?

Citizinmrs

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
You don’t get to make up your very best chance at asylum. You need to research economic programs like express entry to figure it out.
I am naija and I know the situation in jos is critical. Get a visiting Visa and claim asylum once u get in . Takecare