+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I be deported from Canada while my sponsorship is in process

coriassphenix

Jun 9, 2017
hello
I have been recently denied to extend my student permit. But I am married and my wife gonna file the sponsorship by next two days. I am married to Canadian citizen (aboriginal) and we spent over 13000 dollars for the wedding and 150 guess attended to our wedding ( all the reserve, community she belong ). So now I wonder if what gonna happen. Would they deporte me while seeing the sponsorship. My wife is talking about suicide if they deported me. I don't know what to do. Anyone can help please.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Technically - yes, you can be deported while you have a spousal sponsorship application in progress. However it's extremely unlikely to happen in your case as long as you take the right actions.

In addition to submitting the spousal sponsorship application (assume you're applying inland and plan to include an OWP) - you also need to apply to restore your status and change your status to visitor (in this application you should state that you have submitted a spousal sponsorship application). You must make sure the restoration application reaches CIC before 90 days pass since your refusal. I would recommend you not wait and apply soon.

I would also suggest that your wife seek assistance immediately. No one should be threatening to commit suicide for this reason. It sounds like she's dealing with some deeper/other issues or personal challenges and I would highly recommend she seek professional assistance asap. Good luck.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to add, it looks like you've applied to extend your study permit twice and were refused twice. Depending on the dates you applied for each and when you were refused - plus when your original study permit expired - it's possible it may be too late to apply to restore your status. If you can provide the detailed dates, we can help to answer this question.

coriassphenix

Jun 9, 2017
Just to add, it looks like you've applied to extend your study permit twice and were refused twice. Depending on the dates you applied for each and when you were refused - plus when your original study permit expired - it's possible it may be too late to apply to restore your status. If you can provide the detailed dates, we can help to answer this question.
My study permit expired the 12 May 2017.
I applied the first time the 15 April 2017 and the I got denied the 14 June
The second time was 21 June and they denied again on the 17 August.
The first time I provided a letter of the university saying I need to extend my permit and the second time I provided the fall transcript. I didn't go to school during the winter.
I had to prepare my wedding and also I had to travel to New York to for a new passport. I was also sick and I provided a letter to prove that.

They denied for the same reason twice saying they need a letter with my program, full or part time, beginning and the end of the my program and the courses.

After I call the cic Canada they talk me than they needed me to provide a letter for the upcoming fall session 2017 which I had no idea they were asking about. I could provided if they just ask. But they just close my case.
I been in Canada for 4 years Studying now All those money I paid .don't mind the money anymore but my wife.
I desperately need help. I need someone to guide me

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You've made a few mistakes. It wasn't possible for you to apply for a study permit extension the second time since you were already out of status in Canada (because your study permit had expired). You should have instead applied to restore your status and extend your study permit. Since you only applied for a study permit extension the second time - there was zero chance it was going to be approved. Anyway - what's done is done.

You should apply to restore your status in Canada as soon as you can and to change your status in Canada to visitor.

coriassphenix

Jun 9, 2017
You've made a few mistakes. It wasn't possible for you to apply for a study permit extension the second time since you were already out of status in Canada (because your study permit had expired). You should have instead applied to restore your status and extend your study permit. Since you only applied for a study permit extension the second time - there was zero chance it was going to be approved. Anyway - what's done is done.

You should apply to restore your status in Canada as soon as you can and to change your status in Canada to visitor.

Thank you for the suggestions. I appreciate them. I am gonna start the process tomorrow. How can I get assistance from you. Pm please if you guide me. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the suggestions. I appreciate them. I am gonna start the process tomorrow. How can I get assistance from you. Pm please if you guide me. Thank you
I'm not a lawyer or immigration consultant.

coriassphenix

Jun 9, 2017
I just realized that in my first refusal letter they have told me than my temporary residence expired the 14 June and I have 90 days to restore my status.
Actually I am trying to applied for the visitor but it is said in the website that I have to restore my statue first and then applied.
Do you thing I can restore my statut twice even though this time and I am applying for visitor.
What should I do ?