+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I ask for more time to submit documents?

beefdaniel

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
I recently received the ITA and I submitted the documents as was asked from me. At that time I also had a infant who was recently born and I didn't have documents for her. Now CIC has written back to me requested the birth certificate and travel documents for the newborn.

I have her birth certificate now and have applied for her passport - however they need these documents by 11th May and I am afraid I won't have her passport by then. Is it possible for me to request more time to submit the paperwork? If yes whom do I contact and how, is there an email address or a phone number or a webform.

(I am applying from the US).

Thanks,
Dan

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
beefdaniel said:
I recently received the ITA and I submitted the documents as was asked from me. At that time I also had a infant who was recently born and I didn't have documents for her. Now CIC has written back to me requested the birth certificate and travel documents for the newborn.

I have her birth certificate now and have applied for her passport - however they need these documents by 11th May and I am afraid I won't have her passport by then. Is it possible for me to request more time to submit the paperwork? If yes whom do I contact and how, is there an email address or a phone number or a webform.

(I am applying from the US).

Thanks,
Dan
submit the birth certificate and a LOE explaining your situation i think you shall be fine. and later you can submit the passport, if not you can even call the CIC call center and talk to an agent about your situation

the number to call with in canada is 1-888-242-2100
and from outside canada is : 001 613 944 4000 option 1 1 1 3

+1 if my post helped you

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apart from what has been advised you must also submit the proof that you have applied for the passport for the infant.

pasha227

Feb 1, 2016
Can you advice what you did?

I'm in the same boat where they are asking for a new passport as the one I submitted is expiring on Sept 18 (Less than 6 months) and as I am outside USA I can't get a new passport within 7 days. Even the USA embassy doesn't have an appointment available in the next 20 days.