+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can I ask a questionabout how long can my parents stay baseon stamps on passport

markpenn

Jan 26, 2016
HI,

can I ask a question please?

my parents are current visiting canada under SUPER VISA.
the first stamp on their passport has a handwritten expire date , which is 2017.1.1
they left canada for a month , and on their way back, they have a stamp without a date.
now, it's been 6 month after the second stamp, (some people say even with supervisa, if there is no date written, it expires after 6 month.
I don't know if it's true..)
my question is that which date should I use? the first stamp? or the second one?
thanks.

RSR123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
markpenn said:
HI,

can I ask a question please?

my parents are current visiting canada under SUPER VISA.
the first stamp on their passport has a handwritten expire date , which is 2017.1.1
they left canada for a month , and on their way back, they have a stamp without a date.
now, it's been 6 month after the second stamp, (some people say even with supervisa, if there is no date written, it expires after 6 month.
I don't know if it's true..)
my question is that which date should I use? the first stamp? or the second one?
thanks.
We will have two dates One is on Visa Expiry date and another one is Date on which u have to leave canada (It will be decided at the Port of Entry by Border Officer).

Let me understand which one you are talking about.

Cheers!!!
Surya

markpenn

Jan 26, 2016
thanks
sorry that I did not write it clearly

I am asking about the "valid stay in Canada "date , i.e. Which date they have to leave Canada.
Not the supervisa expire date.

Thanks again

RSR123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
markpenn said:
thanks
sorry that I did not write it clearly

I am asking about the "valid stay in Canada "date , i.e. Which date they have to leave Canada.
Not the supervisa expire date.

Thanks again
For Visiting Visa Max is Six months and some people will get less, that all depends at Port of Entry (he writes the date to leave Canada)

M

mikeymyke

I believe since they have a super visa, they're eligible to stay for 2 years with no stamp. 6 months is only for regular visitor visas.

markpenn

Jan 26, 2016
what about exiting stamp from past entry that is still not expired yet?
Do they count ? Or every entry retest the past date?

markpenn

Jan 26, 2016
mikeymyke said:
I believe since they have a super visa, they're eligible to stay for 2 years with no stamp. 6 months is only for regular visitor visas.
They have a stamp,but no written valid until date.

Tonetteflores

Jun 29, 2017
Hello. Hopefully somebody could answer my confusion. My mother just landed here in Canada and she has super visa PG1. But her passport was stamped to stay only until April 15, 2020. I thought they could stay for up to 2 years? Do i apply for an extension? What to do? Hope somebody could enlighten me?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hello. Hopefully somebody could answer my confusion. My mother just landed here in Canada and she has super visa PG1. But her passport was stamped to stay only until April 15, 2020. I thought they could stay for up to 2 years? Do i apply for an extension? What to do? Hope somebody could enlighten me?
The CBSA officer can decide to restrict a person's stay less than the maximum allowed stay. That is what happened to you.

You can apply for an extension, but be aware that since her stay has already been restricted to six months, an extension may be denied.

Did the officer tell your mother why the passport was stamped to restrict her stay? Is it her first visit on the supervisa?

Tonetteflores

Jun 29, 2017
Yes it is her first time. I just checked her stamp last night. She has insurance, she did medicals. I will appeal it to IRCC.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You can't appeal it, nor does IRCC have anything to do with a CBSA decision.

Closer to April you can apply for an extension.

There is no appeal allowed.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I would not be surprised if some CBSA officers restrict a supervisa's first entrance to Canada to six months to make sure the person follows the rules. It isn't nice, but they're allowed to do it if they doubt the person will leave on time.

Reactions: bellaluna