+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply under FSW-Inland after 2 or 3 months in Canada

Jan 19, 2021
Hello all,

I am anticipating a postdoc, and given the uncertainties regarding the pandemic, I want to get me and my family into Canada as soon as possible, even though I already have all the requirements to open an express entry profile. My plan is to apply after 2 or 3 months when I land in Canada, and so, be processed under FSW-Inland. So, my questions are

1) Is there a time frame that one must be in Canada for to make such an application?
2) If no, then won't I need to submit a PCC for Canada, which might prove difficult given that IRCC only asks for PCC for places where one has stayed for 6 months and longer?

PS: I don't want to wait for one year to apply under CEC, so, I am aware I would need to provide POF.

Thanks.
@Mykematt Hello Myke, Sorry for Jumping in here - Can I just ask how you're planning to achieve the work permit under GTS? Do you already have an offer from an employer?

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
@Mykematt Hello Myke, Sorry for Jumping in here - Can I just ask how you're planning to achieve the work permit under GTS? Do you already have an offer from an employer?
No problem at all.
No I don’t have an official offer as yet. I think it’s the documents you submit and how you submit them that determines whether you qualify for the GSS processing time. I don’t think there’s a special platform for it. Does that help? Read the link I posted in an earlier response.

Reactions: NagingerAsfi30

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
No problem at all.
No I don’t have an official offer as yet. I think it’s the documents you submit and how you submit them that determines whether you qualify for the GSS processing time. I don’t think there’s a special platform for it. Does that help? Read the link I posted in an earlier response.
To clarify: though the offer isn’t official yet, it’s almost as good as being official. So my inquiries here is just me planning ahead.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
To clarify: though the offer isn’t official yet, it’s almost as good as being official. So my inquiries here is just me planning ahead.
Just to note to be eligible for the 2-week processing (which is months now), your employer has to meet exemption conditions. Does your employer meet the conditions in the first place?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-temporary-foreign/find-need-labour-market-impact-assessment/employer-compliance-exemptions.html

Reactions: Mykematt

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Just to note to be eligible for the 2-week processing (which is months now), your employer has to meet exemption conditions. Does your employer meet the conditions in the first place?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-temporary-foreign/find-need-labour-market-impact-assessment/employer-compliance-exemptions.html
I only saw the other half of your message in my email. I agree. Now that I am beginning to see many hidden clauses with the work permit, I will get in the pool. I will be back with news of if and when I get an ITA. Thanks immensely for your time. I really appreciate it.

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020

One last question.

Do you know if job offer hasten EE processing time? If I wait and add the postdoc to my profile, and then claim points for it. Would that make any effect to the processing time of my PR?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
One last question.

Do you know if job offer hasten EE processing time? If I wait and add the postdoc to my profile, and then claim points for it. Would that make any effect to the processing time of my PR?
Job offer doesn’t give points unless you have the LMIA. What is your score without the job offer.

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Job offer doesn’t give points unless you have the LMIA. What is your score without the job offer.
Without: 493
With (if I can claim under exemption from LMIA): 543

I am not really concerned about the points. I think I can get an ITA without the job offer points. I was asking about the processing time. Would they think "hey! this one has a job offer and is coming to work, let's fastrack his application?" :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Without: 493
With (if I can claim under exemption from LMIA): 543

I am not really concerned about the points. I think I can get an ITA without the job offer points. I was asking about the processing time. Would they think "hey! this one has a job offer and is coming to work, let's fastrack his application?" :)
There is no fast track. Have your employment letters ready to do? Assume you are under 30 since your score is strong. You will get an ITA since you have a PhD.

Reactions: Mykematt

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
There is no fast track. Have your employment letters ready to do? Assume you are under 30 since your score is strong. You will get an ITA since you have a PhD.
Hahahaha, damn those guys. Thanks mate. I really do appreciate your time and clarifications.