+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply to 2 provinces at the same time?

wavered

Feb 23, 2016
I received an invite from Ontario 2 months ago, I accepted the invite and submitted my application via ground mail. Its been over a month now and I have not received any acknowledgement from Ontario. I also received an invite from BC yesterday and in the application they are asking me if I have an active application with other province. I will answer yes, because I mailed my application to Ontario (even though I do not know if it is active or not). My question is will this be considered a negative while they evaluate my application, does it hurt my chances with both provinces? I intend to settle in province that nominates me first. Is this a fair and satisfying explanation I can give them in the application. Thank you for your time.

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
normally any province not interested to give nomination who applied 2 different provinces.
pnp means you are interested to live in that province. that is the reason they nominate. if you
applied both and BC asked for another application then you must have to say yes but i m sure it
will go negative impact on BC application.if you really interested in BC then send them latter or proof
that you already withdraw your application in ontario or going to be withdraw soon. i might b wrong so
get some advise from this forum for make sure.good luck.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
wavered said:
I received an invite from Ontario 2 months ago, I accepted the invite and submitted my application via ground mail. Its been over a month now and I have not received any acknowledgement from Ontario. I also received an invite from BC yesterday and in the application they are asking me if I have an active application with other province. I will answer yes, because I mailed my application to Ontario (even though I do not know if it is active or not). My question is will this be considered a negative while they evaluate my application, does it hurt my chances with both provinces? I intend to settle in province that nominates me first. Is this a fair and satisfying explanation I can give them in the application. Thank you for your time.
Not sure how BC will take it, but that's a good enough plan if you will also apply to BC PNP. I declared my SINP application in my OINP application and got both nominations.

Although I think BC takes even longer than Ontario right now to nominate...you can check around this forum for the exact processing times. FYI, it takes Ontario 4+ months to send AOR and another 2+ months to nominate. You might want to think about that first if it'll be worth it to go with the parallel BC application.

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wavered said:
Applying for more than PNP would not negatively impact any application even when you declare the applications; you can however accept only one nomination.