+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i apply (spouse not coming) in EE although i have married status.

sp60

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i want to apply as alone because i have 2 kids, 1 one 2 years and other is 30 days so both are too young and they have great bond with their grandparents. so presently i want to go alone and after settle down there i want to apply for all the 3 members (1 spouse + 2 kids) of my family it will be a better option for my family. please give me you opinion all the experienced members of this forum. that what kind of things i should keep in mind so that no problem will come in future

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can choose your spouse and kids as 'not accompanying' in this application. The downside is that they won't be able to accompany you after you get your PR and you will have to separately sponsor them on Family class - that can take anywhere from 12-24 months.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sp60 said:
i want to apply as alone because i have 2 kids, 1 one 2 years and other is 30 days so both are too young and they have great bond with their grandparents. so presently i want to go alone and after settle down there i want to apply for all the 3 members (1 spouse + 2 kids) of my family it will be a better option for my family. please give me you opinion all the experienced members of this forum. that what kind of things i should keep in mind so that no problem will come in future
You cannot apply as 'alone' meaning single, though you can list your family as 'non-accompanying'. You have to apply as married, and your wife and children will have to undergo medical examinations as part of your application. Then you can apply for them to join you at a later date, when you are settled.

You will also have to prove you have sufficient funds for four people, not one, to settle in Canada, even though they will not accompany you here.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will need a valid reason definitely.

But yes, you can apply as married and spouse not accompanied.
your crs is then calculated as single in that case

temzmama

May 21, 2015
yelena said:
You will need a valid reason definitely.

But yes, you can apply as married and spouse not accompanied.
your crs is then calculated as single in that case
Don't you think the reason stated above is valid? I ask because I am in the same boat, my spouse is not ready to relocate now and I have applied as married with an unaccompanying spouse. Can this be a basis for refusal?

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I honestly dont know what will they deem as valid reason. But since you get a lot more points for that option I am guessing they will look for a good solid evidence... i dont know :/

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
temzmama said:
Don't you think the reason stated above is valid? I ask because I am in the same boat, my spouse is not ready to relocate now and I have applied as married with an unaccompanying spouse. Can this be a basis for refusal?
CIC doesn't ask for the reasons. Whether your spouse/common-law partner/dependent children accompany you or not, you have to get their medicals and PCC done and submit POF accordingly. It is completely left to the applicant to decide whether they want to get PR status alone or include their family in the application. The only requirement is that you truthfully declare your entire family in your application.

In your case, this won't be a basis for refusal.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
CIC doesn't ask for the reasons. Whether your spouse/common-law partner/dependent children accompany you or not, you have to get their medicals and PCC done and submit POF accordingly. It is completely left to the applicant to decide whether they want to get PR status alone or include their family in the application. The only requirement is that you truthfully declare your entire family in your application.

In your case, this won't be a basis for refusal.
actualy they do.

When you are filling in your application there is a field where you need to state the exact reason why this person is not accompaniying you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yelena said:
actualy they do.

When you are filling in your application there is a field where you need to state the exact reason why this person is not accompaniying you
I stand corrected. Haven't done this myself so I was relying more on others information here. Is this a free-text field or a drop-down menu with predefined options?

Even if they do ask for the reason, the honest answer (that they won't be accompanying because the PA wants to go on their own for now) should work. And if the other supporting documents are in place, including the medicals/PCC/POF, that would be added evidence that the spouse is aware of the PA's intentions to immigrate to Canada so that takes away any lingering suspicions on CIC's part that the PA might be deliberately forsaking their family while immigrating to Canada.

temzmama

May 21, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
I stand corrected. Haven't done this myself so I was relying more on others information here. Is this a free-text field or a drop-down menu with predefined options?

Even if they do ask for the reason, the honest answer (that they won't be accompanying because the PA wants to go on their own for now) should work. And if the other supporting documents are in place, including the medicals/PCC/POF, that would be added evidence that the spouse is aware of the PA's intentions to immigrate to Canada so that takes away any lingering suspicions on CIC's part that the PA might be deliberately forsaking their family while immigrating to Canada.
Thanks for the information Asivad Anac. I feel a whole lot better now. My spouse is aware of the whole process and we are having our medicals and PCC done together, and I also have the required POF to cover the family. My spouse is just not ready to leave a good job and relocate to Canada at the moment but open to the option in the future.

This forum has been so helpful and the prompt responses of the guru's in the house has impacted on a lot of people. Keep up the good work guys!

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it is a free text form, no drop down menues., BUT you dont have enough space to type all of that down., ex. I only had enoug space to writte this amount of text, and not a word more: unresolved legal custudy issues

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yelena said:
it is a free text form, no drop down menues., BUT you dont have enough space to type all of that down., ex. I only had enoug space to writte this amount of text, and not a word more: unresolved legal custudy issues
Thanks for confirming this. So write a crisp message there and the details can go in the LOE.