+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply PGWP on implied status?

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
Hey all I'm in a very similar situation. My study permit is expiring on 1 may and my course ends on 25 may ..it won't be possible to apply for a PGWP with a valid study permit.. any of you have gone through this can share their experiences

AbcP

May 21, 2022
Hey all I'm in a very similar situation. My study permit is expiring on 1 may and my course ends on 25 may ..it won't be possible to apply for a PGWP with a valid study permit.. any of you have gone through this can share their experiences
Same question

Ammamma

Jan 2, 2023
Same bro what have you done with that situation can you please explain

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
I applied for extension of study permit asking for 3 months. And on the other hand just applied with an unofficial transcript as soon as my results were out .

BG50

Jan 18, 2023
I applied for extension of study permit asking for 3 months. And on the other hand just applied with an unofficial transcript as soon as my results were out .
Could you please share further information? Did you receive your new study permit when you applied for PGWP with an unofficial transcript?

I am in the same situation. I applied to extend my study permit (for a 90-day bridging period) before its expiry but no decision yet. I will be receiving my completion letter from the school by end of this month. Applying for PGWP with an expired study permit will not allow me to work.

Jan 31, 2024
Hi All,

I am finishing my master's degree soon and planning to apply for my post graduate work permit (PGWP) after that, which requires a valid study permit i believe. However, Currently I am on implied status (Applied for the study permit extension last Aug for one semester, still waiting for a decision). Your insights on my below queries will be highly appriciated:

1. Can I apply PGWP on implied status (while waiting to receive decision for study permit extension) ?

2. If I can apply now, Can I work full time right after my PGWP application submission? According to the IRCC website, I can work full time after my PGWP application (before getting that in hand). I can meet all the criteria mentioned there except the valid study permit (have implied status). I am about to get a job offer starting January. What are my options ??

3. If I apply now for PGWP (where I am still waiting for my study permit extension) are there any chance of complications?

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

-MSU

Hello MSU.
Could you please share with me how your case and your PGWP were resolved? Please !!!!