+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply on official passport?

imrankhan2015

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
Hello,

I am working in Govt sector and I have a passport mentioning "Government Employee" in the occupation. Can I apply for Canadian immigration on official passport? I am planning to apply for Canadian immigration and if I'm successful, I am planning to resign from my current job.

Someone please advise. I tried to find this info everywhere, but unable to find any information regarding official passports.

If somebody please provide some link to the detail where it is written anything related to the acceptance/rejection about official passports for Canadian immigration. Any help will be highly appreciated.

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
Do you hold a dipolomatic passport or a normal citizen passport?

imrankhan2015 said:
Hello,

I am working in Govt sector and I have a passport mentioning "Government Employee" in the occupation. Can I apply for Canadian immigration on official passport? I am planning to apply for Canadian immigration and if I'm successful, I am planning to resign from my current job.

Someone please advise. I tried to find this info everywhere, but unable to find any information regarding official passports.

If somebody please provide some link to the detail where it is written anything related to the acceptance/rejection about official passports for Canadian immigration. Any help will be highly appreciated.

iliv4u4ever

Oct 24, 2011
This is from IMM5612 (PR document checklist) . I hope this answers your question.

"You must hold a valid regular passport. Diplomatic, official, service or public affairs passports are not valid for immigration to Canada. "

imrankhan2015

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
Thank you so much for the replies.

@shradzsaraf: My country has three types of passports. Ordinary passport (green), Official passport(blue) and Diplomatic passport(red)

I have an ordinary passport(green), but "Government Employee" is written in the profession field on the second page of passport.

@iliv4u4ever: Thank you so much for the reference.

Can you guyz confirm whether or not my passport acceptable for immigration in this situation. Is there any email address/telephone number where I can call and confirm this from CIC or any other authority?

Thank you once again

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got my passport request at the final stages of the application. It says: Please note Confirmations of Permanent Residence and visas cannot be issued to holders of diplomatic, military or official passports. You must hold an ordinary passport.
So if yours is definitely an ordinary one, should be fine.

KJSK

Sep 29, 2015
I am also in same sort of situation, I am working with public sector union(nationalized bank) on my letter head "Government of India Undertaking" is written will it be acceptable to CIC

Experts plz add comments

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
imrankhan2015 said:
Hello,

It doesn't matter what occupation is written in your passport. Since you've mentioned it to be a regular passport (green), then you are eligible to apply.

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
imrankhan2015 said:
Thank you so much for the replies.

@shradzsaraf: My country has three types of passports. Ordinary passport (green), Official passport(blue) and Diplomatic passport(red)

I have an ordinary passport(green), but "Government Employee" is written in the profession field on the second page of passport.

@iliv4u4ever: Thank you so much for the reference.

Can you guyz confirm whether or not my passport acceptable for immigration in this situation. Is there any email address/telephone number where I can call and confirm this from CIC or any other authority?

Thank you once again
As long as your passport is green in colour, you should be fine.

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
KJSK said:
I am also in same sort of situation, I am working with public sector union(nationalized bank) on my letter head "Government of India Undertaking" is written will it be acceptable to CIC

Experts plz add comments
Is your passport blue in colour? If it is then it means its a regular passport. Then you should be fine.